Rise of the Melbourne West

Another article amongst the many promoting the West. IMHO the gap will close between the East and West relative to distance to the CBD, for example as quoted by the article Box Hill (East) and Sunshine/Keilor (about 15kms from CBD).

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/me...sis-defies-popular-myths-20150616-gho9uz.html

I think that the worst bubble hit suburbs will be ones very distant from the CBD but in the East where the crazy money is flowing. The Chinese just don't like the West, period. Some of the worst hit suburbs I predict will be:

1. Glen Waverley - astronomical amounts of crazy money, 20kms from CBD but does have plenty of infrastructure.

2. Mitcham & Ringwood - Pretty much like number 1 without a "prestigious" school. Add also about 5-10kms to CBD proximity.

3. Vermont - Same as one without as much infrastructure.

Having said all this for some reason I know a lot of friends/family who once they strike it rich want to offload the Western suburbs house and move to the East.

The West and North is about surprise people!!

Another article amongst the many promoting the West. IMHO the gap will close between the East and West relative to distance to the CBD, for example as quoted by the article Box Hill (East) and Sunshine/Keilor (about 15kms from CBD).

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/me...sis-defies-popular-myths-20150616-gho9uz.html

I think that the worst bubble hit suburbs will be ones very distant from the CBD but in the East where the crazy money is flowing. The Chinese just don't like the West, period. Some of the worst hit suburbs I predict will be:

1. Glen Waverley - astronomical amounts of crazy money, 20kms from CBD but does have plenty of infrastructure.

2. Mitcham & Ringwood - Pretty much like number 1 without a "prestigious" school. Add also about 5-10kms to CBD proximity.

3. Vermont - Same as one without as much infrastructure.

Having said all this for some reason I know a lot of friends/family who once they strike it rich want to offload the Western suburbs house and move to the East.

Back