riverfront house in Bulimba Brisbane

If you are in the position to buy and you are after a direct access riverfront with city view (not flooded in 1974 nor recently) this could be a good buy given the current market situation. It has been for sale for ages but this time i heard that it is to be sold at auction next Friday and the owner will meet the market.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-bulimba-108617171.
I was hoping my son would bid, but riverfront does not seem to excite him at the moment ! Perhaps he does not want to be so close to his parents.
I am only a neighbour, no relation or self interest.

nsm,
Don't think it has the range advertised - you can just phone the agent asking him. I remember a few months ago the asking price was 2.9M + , but it has been for sale for months now. My point is, if not many bidders and the owner needs to sell then he may have to sell to the highesh bidder even if the offer is not within the range.
If you become my new neighbour please let me know the good news :) .

nsm,
Don't think it has the range advertised - you can just phone the agent asking him. I remember a few months ago the asking price was 2.9M + , but it has been for sale for months now. My point is, if not many bidders and the owner needs to sell then he may have to sell to the highesh bidder even if the offer is not within the range.
If you become my new neighbour please let me know the good news :) .
Well the place holder is 1M-3M on the realestate.com.au but that's not a great help :) Interested in seeing the results of the auction.

Bugger! Not in a position to buy today, but in a years time that would be exactly what I am looking for. See how it goes, I'd go to $1.5M.

I'm still finishing my multi-unit development in Mona Vale and have just started the new three level dual occ in Bardon. It will be finished in about 12 months time and then we'll sell the former PPOR in Narrabeen for about $1M and have equity in Mona Vale and look to upgrade the PPOR in Brisbane. Waterfront Bulimba at a good price would be just the ticket.

Cheers,
Mike

I am a neighbour as well, and Michael, if you got it for $1.5m it would be the buy of the century. Don't think there is much chance it will go under $2m myself, somewhere in the low $2ms as a guess.

@ DEC, No, son is not a FHB he is doing OK, started investing at a young age.
@ MichaelW, IMHO it is a very good time to buy riverfront in Bris right now. If anyone can get this house at low 2M it is still a very good buy. I agree with msmp (hi neighbour :) ),2 -3M is a more realistic range. 1.5M is not even land value.

Hello Soyabean. :)

Did you get a new neighbour on Friday? I was close to your place the other day but never knew you lived there! How close did the flood come to your homes this year?

Hi Rockstar,
Glad you still remember your soy :).
I did not see a SOLD sign at the front so may be no one bid or the bid was too low. Not sure.
For my own selfish reason I rather it not sold than sold too cheaply.
I will pm you my mob when you r in the neighbourhood give me a call.

Back