Robert Kiyosaki

I know similar topics have been discussed here before, but is anyone from Sydney thinking of attending Robert Kiyosaki seminar on December 1st?

What are your thoughts of it???

Any opinion would be appreciated :)

I know similar topics have been discussed here before, but is anyone from Sydney thinking of attending Robert Kiyosaki seminar on December 1st?

Hey Nem,

Do you mind sharing the info please? Or the link to this event so we can read up on the details. Thanks!

Can anyone shout me a platinum ticket?

I think you get a private room showing with that ticket.

Private room showings are the best.

I'm thinking of going, but I'm wondering if it's more so aimed at the vast majority of people that haven't really started to do anything yet or need some inspiration to get out of bed in the morning. Maybe just a good excuse to fly to Sydney and get on it ;)

Can anyone shout me a platinum ticket?

I think you get a private room showing with that ticket.

Private room showings are the best.

I want one too..
You get:
A book.
A toolbox.
The best seats in the house.
And a dinner date with RK.
:D

If its just intro info, probably not. There needs to be more seminars by experts catering to those who are 5-10 years into their acquisition. Or, even seminars for the 'cashing out' stage of a portfolio duration. Most investors have a similar 'cash out half and pay the other half down' type of strategy, which is great on paper, but tax wise and logistically, a bit of a nightmare. I'd pay money to hear experienced people speak who are in their 50s and 60s who are actually at this stage (or preferably, have actually done it).

I dont know him personally but I have true respect for him,

In todays world full of spruikers, I consider him the only one who isnt one,

and his ideas/strategies to stand the test of time

I'd be surprised if RK speaks for any more than a couple of hours, perhaps also with brief intro's and summaries to his four speakers who will be teasing with basic preliminary information before offering their course/program or mentoring.

Having said that, if you are after content from RK don't go. Anything he says is slanted to the US system.

I went to a two or three day event some years back in Sydney (and met some Somersoft forum folk there) and enjoyed the event. But, even that wasn't big on content. It was however big on context as are his books.

If you are after a kick in the pants or are a newbie to investing, the context he gives to investing should benefit your mind set and you won't be disappointed even though I doubt you'll hear him for even half the day.

Hope this helps.

I doubt you'll hear him for even half the day.
This is what I thought as well when I had a look at the website. If people are only interested in RK they might do just as well saving their money by watching his YouTube videos. There are several that are 1 hour or longer. Coincidentally I watched one over the weekend and it was quite good.

ok I thought I would let you know my opinion after "RK" seminar

Seminar lasted all day, from 8.30 til 6.15... Robert made his appearance one hour before the end...

All day there were different presenters, inspirational and smart but heavy selling their stuff... from currency exchange trading, US real estate investments, motivation courses and etc.

I am glad I did my research before and decided not to sign up on any offer on a day and I did not. I just dont trust them and I felt sad to see people running from their seats to make it to the first 100 to sign up and get one time life offer for ONLY 4K and etc.

There were some offers for free seminars but you need to fill in your credit card details and in small print when I asked why said "$100 charged no attendance fee"

Reading Roberts books was great and I wana read all of them but on Monday all he basically said was to F.. off everyone and everything (sorry for the language I am just repeating what he was saying) :)

I'd pay money to hear experienced people speak who are in their 50s and 60s who are actually at this stage (or preferably, have actually done it).
The problem is that anyone who is successful doing that ain't out yakking about it. They are quietly getting on with their business.

Reading Roberts books was great and I wana read all of them but on Monday all he basically said was to F.. off everyone and everything (sorry for the language I am just repeating what he was saying) :)

Thanks for the info Nem. You've written this part on another post too.
But I don't understand.
I know what F ... off means.
But do you mean he used it as a catch phrase and just kept saying it over and over e.g. "Just tell your bank manager to F ... off!" or did he tell the audience to F... off?

I went to the Melbourne one and for the first time in my life am going to write an email requesting my money back.
Firstly there was no run sheet, not on the website and not when we got there so no idea when RK was coming on (by design ofcourse).

So the event starts and then for 8 hours we are at a live infomercial! It was plain sick!! Millionaire after millionaire comes out telling us how there 3 day workshop will make us instant millionaires! Yeah sure, ofcourse I can buy a piece of software to trade currencies which CANNOT FAIL if I follow the training. Or what about I buy US property and what's better they will manage it for me!! Or my favorite domain trading! Which I think should be illegal as is! So bloody unethical and the reason us Australians have laws governing you must have an associated business to buy a .au.

What was truly sad was people sprinting to the back though so they were the first 100! Are you serious! Go onto these peoples websites and these offers are all year round.

So anyway the event was set to run until 5.30 I believe and I had an appointment I had to get to and needed to leave at 4.50. So at 4.45 some bloke is still on stage telling me to tell out YES every single second as he got more into why domain trading is the real real estate and giving endless examples of how this person bought z.com and made a trillion dollars.

I left, $79 down for a ticket, an annual leave day lost and never got to see RK!! In my rage I thought more about it and it all made sense how it works. These millionaires would pay a fee to RK as he is the only reason anyone is there. As a result he says he will go on last because clearly if he went on 1st anyone with a brain would leave straight after him. The fee to go would then go towards the cost of venue, staff.etc and any additional money to RK as well, hence why he is out the rat race.

This is why I prefer the SS forum has more information out there than any of these free/low cost seminars. The old story is there is no such thing as a free/low cost lunch as they need to pump it with infomercials and you get what you pay for :).

Back