Rochedale South vs Shailer Park

What is everyone's thoughts on these two suburbs. I have a budget of $350-$360k max and I'm looking for some CG over CF.

I was close on a property in Rochedale South which needs a good reno so it would give me some good CG in the short to medium term.

What's is everyone's thoughts on Shailer Park? Have an eye on a few properties in the area, particularly around the Logan Hyperdome precinct - within walking distance.

What is everyone's thoughts on these two suburbs. I have a budget of $350-$360k max and I'm looking for some CG over CF.

I was close on a property in Rochedale South which needs a good reno so it would give me some good CG in the short to medium term.

What's is everyone's thoughts on Shailer Park? Have an eye on a few properties in the area, particularly around the Logan Hyperdome precinct - within walking distance.

You will not get anything in Rochedale South for that budget anymore unfortunately. I have similar budget to you and most decent homes sell for over $400k, some close to $500k. Last year maybe you might have had a chance. Shailer Park i am not too sure, but there doesn't seem to be much stock. Daisy Hill may throw up some surprises but not walking distance unless you walk for hours, but CG should be good but make sure its not in the flood zone. Slacks Creek, Woodridge and Kingston will definitely be in your budget though, and imo will have decent CG due to spill over effect of surrounding suburbs and increased investor activity, infrastructure improvements down the road etc.

I've got one in Rochedale South that could be had for $370k. 3,1,1. Needs a bit of reno but good location and CG potential. Just a touch out of my range, but can throw in a bit of cash if need be.

Pretty tempted to go for it given the potential of the area IMO.

I've got one in Rochedale South that could be had for $370k. 3,1,1. Needs a bit of reno but good location and CG potential. Just a touch out of my range, but can throw in a bit of cash if need be.

Pretty tempted to go for it given the potential of the area IMO.

I think it depends how much you have to spend because renovated 3,1,1 lowsets are going for high $300k low $400k . So definitely some equity to be had there if you buy well enough. Long term prospects also seem good.

Back