Rockhampton Flood Photos from the Air

Hi all. I have uploaded a heap of photos taken over the weekend from the Fitzroy River floods in Rockhampton.

A lot of people automatically associate Rockhampton and Floods. When we do flood, the media would make out that the entire town is underwater.

Sure there are large areas that are affected and many homes in the usual areas with water in the yard, but in terms of numbers of properties with water inside the house, there were only a handful this time around.

(Flash floods excepted of course - That was a whole other world in some areas of CQ)

Just thought these photos would help ease some concerns. Rocky seems like a reasonable buy but the media's portrayal of the place doesn't help.

Cheers

PS - go to "Neil Richardson Quantity Surveyor" on Facebook.

But even Depot Hill was affected by the floods. I have no idea why they called it that but I guess it's better than Soggy Hole.

lol maybe becuase there is a few depos in depot hill the hill part who knows

more like depot dam anyway most investors know depot hill is a flood area and that's why it's cheap have to be pretty ignorant to ignore the fact that depot hill floods everytime;)

plenty of rocky that doesn't flood and the properties are still reasonably priced

and plenty of upside for the main hub for mining towns, beef etc

Hi all. I have uploaded a heap of photos taken over the weekend from the Fitzroy River floods in Rockhampton.

Fantastic, thanks very much. I knew that my house didn't get flooded, but it's nice to see how far away from flooding it was. It's in at least two of your pictures. :)

Back