Rockingham/Shoalwater house now on-line

Hey lay off sparky, when things are tight, you have to do what you have to do to survive. the poroperties thats being offered is of descent value, you cant buy the land and build for the price thats being asked. be kind and be nice and understanding.

Thanks Prakman. At least you've posted something worth reading and of VALUE ADD, worthy of my brief response.

Unless you are a greengrocer :D

Seems to me there are people feeling the pressure.

There are those that are handling it with grace and determination. :)

Then there are some taking it out on others. :(

Cheers,
Beef.

I could not understand what you said --- if not for exporsure? what is for?
Again, it is for exposure and it is in the caveat emptor section, so she is entitled to post here. If you don't believe the price is right, then say why and give some examples... Maybe you should ask a question, instead of questioning her character?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Perhaps the guidelines for posting in this section should be changed??

The guidelines clearly indicate that the original poster should explain why this is a good deal. They are the ones explaining about the property and the area.

My understanding of the original intention of this section, was for people to put up property deals (not their own), and then pick them to pieces, or expect them to be picked to pieces by others.

This section has changed character to the detriment of the forum. It now appears to be where people (not just Sparky) advertise a sows ear and try to make it sound like a silk purse.

The general reasons why this is a good deal (as explained in the guidelines for posting) that it is near a naval base and near a beach, do not cut it. The same could be said for hundreds of other properties.

To me this property and region do not appear to be a good investment. It is an average property in an average suburb, miles from the CBD, with a 4% at best gross yield, after a period of strong growth. With history showing Perth to have massive booms followed by long periods of stagnant prices, my investment dollars are far better spent elsewhere.

If anyone thinks I'm being harsh, then read the guidelines for posting here first. Perhaps you could start a thread about changing them. My opinion is that they should remain, to underline the integrity of the forum.

bye

I think that to run this section on the basis that you can only talk about other deals will see it fall into disuse.

a bit harsh on the anchorage properties... they are near new with high depecn, they are near the new train line, less than 1km walk to 3 pristine beaches each facing a different direction (if you lived on a west facing beach you would understand the significance of this), an area under going massive infrastructure regeneration, the cheapest values against any similar location, a low askign price, an artificially restrained general market facing the highest population growth in the country with limited new stock being produced... could go on all day. caveat emptor

Hi Ausprop,

What makes "
they are near new with high depecn
"

a good investment???

What makes this property special compared to many others in the same area???

Why would this be a better investment than a slightly cheaper older house closer to the beaches, or the new train line???

These are the types of questions that really should be answered by those who do the advertising.

On the point of advertising, this entire forum does not have any, by deliberate design, to keep the integrity of the posters intact. This particular section, caveat emptor is heading down that path. If it really is where any member can just post any property for sale, then perhaps they should pay for the privilege.
The "cost" associated currently is explanations about the deal. I feel that they are not being adequately met

bye

Bill not sure what you are hoping to find... it has gold taps and you can have the place for free?

i would just as happy see this section closed off. too much bickering and any attempt tp post anythign in this section is clouded with debate over its appropriateness

Hi Ausprop,

i would just as happy see this section closed off. too much bickering and any attempt tp post anythign in this section is clouded with debate over its appropriateness

Hence why I point people to the posting guidelines.

bye

Hi Bill

I had already gone into more detail in another thread but in addition to Ausprops comments re the area my houses are the cheapest Anchorage houses on the estate when you consider equivalent properties of similar size (230 sqm) and compare apples with apples and not apples with oranges. My prices are down $100,000 on the ANZ bank valuations from last year so I have well and truly met the market and dipped a bit below, this is why I considered that they would represent good value for someone. The argument about old versus new will always exist and people have their own strong opinions, to me they are different beasts with different merits and I would only buy old if it came with a large block that I wished to take advantage of.

I think it would be a shame not to allow long standing members to offer their own properties as if a member is interested in making a purchase from a fellow forumite they can pick a property up a little cheaper by cutting out the middle man. We should all be able to help each other along on this journey.

Hey Sparky, just ignore the cheap shots from the fences. Wasting your time there. If I had the cash and didn't mind the negative carry for a couple of years, would seriously contemplate putting a bid in. With blocks going for mid $200s and you can't build a finished 4x2 of your size for under $250k including 9months holding cost, I don't get it. But hey, thats what the market is saying. If theres a buyer's strike, theres nothing you can do really except wait for the herd to "get it" again.

ASDF,

I believe I can find hundreds (maybe thousands) of properties (brand new) are selling at below Land Cost + building + duty and hold costs in everywhere, not only in WA. I can certainly point you a lot of examples if you like. What you said was yesterday's case, not todays market's.

I think that to run this section on the basis that you can only talk about other deals will see it fall into disuse.

a bit harsh on the anchorage properties... they are near new with high depecn, they are near the new train line, less than 1km walk to 3 pristine beaches each facing a different direction (if you lived on a west facing beach you would understand the significance of this), an area under going massive infrastructure regeneration, the cheapest values against any similar location, a low askign price, an artificially restrained general market facing the highest population growth in the country with limited new stock being produced... could go on all day. caveat emptor

Did you hear the cyclone visited rockingham few weeks ago?

Again, it is for exposure and it is in the caveat emptor section, so she is entitled to post here. If you don't believe the price is right, then say why and give some examples... Maybe you should ask a question, instead of questioning her character?

Bill. L summaried very well. I believe Bill said this on serval occasions. I only want to suggest people to state the facts and be honest on their intention and their deal. I encourage everyone to advertise here as long as they are genuine. We do know there are a lot of new investors and I do not wish ONE of them get a "lemon".

Did you hear the cyclone visited rockingham few weeks ago?

cyclone? news to me... there was some storm damage, but then there was also in Bicton and various other suburbs. the whole coast line is exposed from Freo to Bunbury. Over exposed and blown out west facing beaches - yuck.

Who is selling lemons?

s329531.jpg

:D

HA HA!

But Con doesn't look a bit like me!

Come on guys, can we at least be a bit tactful here. Sparky has already admitted that things are going tough for him(her) at the moment. It takes quite a bit of courage to come out and and post this sought of thing in somersoft. Sure the property might only suit certain investors, but lets not make accusations about someone we cant verify.
If you are interested then i suggest private messaging sparking, if its not your cup of tea then keep reading the rest of the forum.
One mans junk might be another mans treasure.:D

Back