Rocky , The next Big Thing ??

Bundy prices

Average house in Bundy is around 200k- Avoca (nice suburb) 3 bed brick, DLUG and ensuite (5-10 yrs old) would be more like 235k and a 3 bed, double carport, 1 bathroom home in an older suburb (house would be 30-ish but in fair to good order) would sell for around 180k. Prices seem to be holding up well, especially the middle and lower range houses. So there should be some good growth left in Rocky if Seechange's theory is correct.

Renaeg

Please note that the original post on this thread was posted in Sept 2003

While I still hold property in Rocky ( and am happy to continue to do so ) , I don't intend to buy any more properties there in this current cycle. I'm not sure what I'd do if I didn't own any investment properties at this stage.

It's still the biggest regional Centre in Eastern Australia which is giving returns which are considered good by most property investors and the returns of 7.5 % sound good for what you're describing , so it sounds as thought you've made good buys in the current market.

Several people on the forum who bought in mid 2003 have been selling some of their holdings , but to the best of my knowledge , they have been doing that because they have other things they want the money for. I'm in that category. There are still quite a few people who think there will be more growth in rockhampton and historically it normally catches up to many of the comparable centres on the coast.

See Change

see change

my property was at nth rocky (kawana) at the end of a nice quiet culdesac brick & timber homes near school uni bunnings etc

Hi guys,
have a 3 bedroom townhouse in Nth Rocky, have had it 2wks short of 12 months,am in process of buying another Ip elsewhere so have had bank valuations done on all my current IP's. My Nth Rocky IP has shown greater than 33% CG in less than 12 months on my purchase price plus is giving me 7.5% gross return, have also had 3 calls over that period asking if I wanted to sell.
Regards
John

from the morning bulletin 19.3.2005

Our economy is booming

By EVAN SCHWARTEN FROM the Bowen Basin to the Capricorn Coast, Central Queensland is booming.
There is massive expansion in the mining districts west of Rockhampton, high cattle prices and a bullish property market.

The economic growth has also spread to local retail and service industries. Politicians, economic and industry experts and business people all agree the region is steaming ahead.

"Central Queensland is performing better than it has in many years, with the meatworks and mines expanding, we’ve got low unemployment levels and we’ve got a coking plant set to open at Stanwell, Member for Rockhampton Robert Schwarten said.
JM Kelly Builders managing director Geoff Murphy agreed: "Central Queensland has always done well. It is just doing better at the moment.’’

The massive growth across all sectors is sending pay packets through the roof with many mine employees earning more than $100,000 per year.

The growth has driven the unemployment rate down with Queensland’s jobless rate now just 4.6%. As a result of that growth, mining machinery sellers Hastings Deering has nearly doubled staff in its Rockhampton branch to 220, and is planning a $6 million redevelopment of its Port Curtis Road facility.

And you only need to look inside the massive 36-page Property Week guide in today’s Weekend Bulletin to gauge the strength of the local real estate market.

Real estate agent Kas Woch says it is nearly impossible to buy a house for under $120,000 in Rockhampton, while at the higher end of the market some properties on The Range are now selling for more than $1 million.

In the city, an eight-level unit complex in Victoria Parade last year sold within months and the developer plans to build a bigger complex a few blocks away.

In the hospitality industry, Motel 98 recorded a whopping 35% growth last year while Rockhampton Tourism and Business Information manager Barbara Harwood said two new motels are on the cards for the city.

To top it all off, most stakeholders say there is no end in sight for Central Queensland’s booming economy.

Rockhampton Mayor Margaret Strelow said: "I don’t think this is a flash in the pan. All indicators point towards sustainable on-going growth. Our time has come.

why the heck I would buy in stanwell

hehe and some of ya was wondering why the heck I would buy in stanwell

good news for me gas works opening there to and 24 hour servo trucks need

somewhere to fill up :p

Cg looking good

richmond said:
Our economy is booming

By EVAN SCHWARTEN FROM the Bowen Basin to the Capricorn Coast, Central Queensland is booming.
There is massive expansion in the mining districts west of Rockhampton, high cattle prices and a bullish property market.

The economic growth has also spread to local retail and service industries. Politicians, economic and industry experts and business people all agree the region is steaming ahead.

"Central Queensland is performing better than it has in many years, with the meatworks and mines expanding, we’ve got low unemployment levels and we’ve got a coking plant set to open at Stanwell, Member for Rockhampton Robert Schwarten said.
JM Kelly Builders managing director Geoff Murphy agreed: "Central Queensland has always done well. It is just doing better at the moment.’’

The massive growth across all sectors is sending pay packets through the roof with many mine employees earning more than $100,000 per year.

The growth has driven the unemployment rate down with Queensland’s jobless rate now just 4.6%. As a result of that growth, mining machinery sellers Hastings Deering has nearly doubled staff in its Rockhampton branch to 220, and is planning a $6 million redevelopment of its Port Curtis Road facility.

And you only need to look inside the massive 36-page Property Week guide in today’s Weekend Bulletin to gauge the strength of the local real estate market.

Real estate agent Kas Woch says it is nearly impossible to buy a house for under $120,000 in Rockhampton, while at the higher end of the market some properties on The Range are now selling for more than $1 million.

In the city, an eight-level unit complex in Victoria Parade last year sold within months and the developer plans to build a bigger complex a few blocks away.

In the hospitality industry, Motel 98 recorded a whopping 35% growth last year while Rockhampton Tourism and Business Information manager Barbara Harwood said two new motels are on the cards for the city.

To top it all off, most stakeholders say there is no end in sight for Central Queensland’s booming economy.

Rockhampton Mayor Margaret Strelow said: "I don’t think this is a flash in the pan. All indicators point towards sustainable on-going growth. Our time has come.

Back