roff not painted the color I wanted

I remember the roof paint I used didn't actually need an undercoat. Self primer. Don't think it was dulux though.

But if he has charged you for something he hasn't done then that's an issue.

So is there a way to tell if there is an undercoat? The paint seems light on to me and when I scratch it it goes back to Tile very easily.

So is there a way to tell if there is an undercoat? The paint seems light on to me and when I scratch it it goes back to Tile very easily.

It would take destructive testing unless it's visible.

Ask an independent inspector as I've said in my previous post.

pinkboy

You really need to do your research when painting a tiled roof.

It also depends on the condition of the roof on how you approach the painting.

If the glaze has worn down to bare cement then the tiles need a primer over
the bare cement to fill the grain to a smooth look so when the whole roof
in painted the bare cement tiles do not look dull like some of yours.

There are primers and undercoats and topcoats.

I would not buy a self primer if you have bare cement tiles.

I did my research , looked at different manufactures and came up with
nutech , my roof is still like new after 5 years compared to some neighbours
which used other manufactures which the tiles are staring to show through bare cement once again.

http://www.nutechpaints.com.au/index2.html

he in the end admitted that he didn't use the thick acra tex primer but instead a clear thin primer and that's why you can see the variations in tile texture he did however agree to come and do another coat which i got him to do darker so i guess overall it kind of worked out although to be honest i would have been happy to pay more and get the proper thick base coat but at least it's done and it doesn't look too bad or at least better than the first attempt he made. i'm hoping that the primer that he says he used will stick well. Had some name like AD40 or something. That wasn't the name but it was one of those type of letter/number names of product.
thanks to everyone who provided advice

Back