"Roof Restorations, the new Scam!"

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B42C.14EAAFD0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"

Watch out, from what I've seen and heard, Roof Restorations are the next big
scam!

A friend has just signed a contract for $7,000 to replace 45 tiles, clean
and paint.

He seemed quite pleased that because he lived on a busy street, the company
would put a sign in his front yard for 6months and give him a 40% discount.
He was devastated when they came over and gave him the bad news on how
terminally ill his roof was.. Looked OK to me, a few cracked tiles to
replace, a bit of reguttering..

They all seem to be cold-calling and doorknocking for business, beware.. you
CAN get your roof fixed cheaper and you DON'T need to repaint it afterwards
so that the new tiles blend in, get the new tiles from the back of the house
and replace them with new tiles.. street frontage will look the same.

Dunacn..

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B42C.14EAAFD0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">

<TITLE>Roof Restorations, the new Scam!</TITLE>

Watch out, from what I've seen =and heard, Roof Restorations are the next big scam!

A friend has just signed a =contract for $7,000 to replace 45 tiles, clean and paint.

He seemed quite pleased that =because he lived on a busy street, the company would put a sign in his =front yard for 6months and give him a 40% discount. He was devastated =when they came over and gave him the bad news on how terminally ill his =roof was.. Looked OK to me, a few cracked tiles to replace, a bit of =reguttering..

They all seem to be cold-calling =and doorknocking for business, beware.. you CAN get your roof fixed =cheaper and you DON'T need to repaint it afterwards so that the new =tiles blend in, get the new tiles from the back of the house and =replace them with new tiles.. street frontage will look the =same.

Dunacn..

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B42C.14EAAFD0--

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Oh yes Duncan- don't you just hate those cold calls? And they always seem to be right on dinnertime in our place too...
Roof restoration companies have always had a dubious reputation. My advice to anyone thinking about getting it done would be to call their local roofers first (local papers are a good start) and see if their roof actually requires any maintenance first.
The other thing that annoys me about such companies (and it's not just roof restorers here ) is that they offer such a big discount. Is it just me being cynical or has anyone else noticed how certain window coverings companies and jewellers (just to name a few) ALWAYS seem to have 40-50% off? I wonder if and when they actually ever sell at normal retail? The old saying Buyer Beware certainly pays here.
Cheers, Jacque :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back