Roof

Hi, this probably gonna be a silly question..but please help me if u could.

When joining NRMA buidling insurance - they ask what is the roof of the property made of? or even the ceiling?

Any one can let me know where can i find this info?

Can i find it in Building & Pest Inspection?
I have no idea.

Thank u

Tin roof = metal sheets
Cement tiles = the rougher suface ones
Terracotta tiles = the shinnier tiles
Asbestos is like a rough surface but sheeted like the tin roof.

it look like tiles. however,i will post a picture tomorrow.

i hv another question plsss..

Due to the rotten gutter on the roof, the ceiling on the bedroom has now peeled off (some area) & some crack as well.

Should i be thinking of worst scenario? is this mean the ceiling collapse?
I really dont want to think this way...but it has made me unable to sleep well.

If the ceiling do really in that bad condition, anyone know what would be the approximate cost to get it repaired?

omg...hopefully it is not bad.

it look like tiles. however,i will post a picture tomorrow.

i hv another question plsss..

Due to the rotten gutter on the roof, the ceiling on the bedroom has now peeled off (some area) & some crack as well.

Should i be thinking of worst scenario? is this mean the ceiling collapse?
I really dont want to think this way...but it has made me unable to sleep well.

If the ceiling do really in that bad condition, anyone know what would be the approximate cost to get it repaired?

omg...hopefully it is not bad.
It would depend on what the internal walls and ceiling are clad with,if it's plaster board then you may have a problem,just post a pic it will give everyone a better idea,it would also pay to have a look at what under the wall and see what happening below,good luck willair..

this is the roof's picture.

i also uploaded the bedroom ceiling.

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 68
The roof is tile,however also I believe the condition of the roof is in question :(
I see that it needs re pointing possibly and maybe looking at the ceiling you have a possible water leak whether this is from the gutter you speak of or the tiles.

The fan photo looks like the ceiling is actually moving and creating the peeling effect around it.This could also be the timber that the fan is screwed to is rotting /white ants or just loose.
I also notice new timber around the eve sheets that tell me that possible movement around the house has happened or old ones have fallen off for some reason..

I don't know if you just bought this house or is an IP you have owned for a while.

This is what I would do :
1:Get someone to look at the roof first to determine if it is leaking?If so get it fixed.

2:Enter the manhole and look for possible leaks from roof , also keep an eye out for obvious white ants while up there,also check around the fan and make sure it is secure and not going to fly off and kill someone.

3:Get gutter fixed if you believe it is leaking into house,this can cause wood rot amongst other things.(Feed and promotes white ants)

I don't want to alarm you but you need to do something now.;)

Back