Roofer - South Brisbane, recommendation needed

Oh god I just got a quote from the first one on that list - they want 2k to replace literally one rusted sheet about 1x1.5m in size. I texted the plumber but he didn't reply yet. Surely this should cost $500 tops.

Oh god I just got a quote from the first one on that list - they want 2k to replace literally one rusted sheet about 1x1.5m in size. I texted the plumber but he didn't reply yet. Surely this should cost $500 tops.

Im a roofer in WA. send me a picture of damage and i'll give you honest opinion how easy/time it will take.
You might be able to do it your self!

Things to consider.

Ease of access
How high is the roof? Is it 2 story? Maybe they will use scaffolding?

Is the roof leaking at the rust spot?

Maybe a small sheet of roofing iron is $50 - check out price at bunnings?

When I get a quote , I always ask , how long they expect it to take. -- Then if you have idea of material costs and labor rates - you can work out how reasonable the quote is ... A recent written quote to replace some eaves linings (~ 40M + some wall linings ) varied from $2000 to $4000 . I wanted a plumber to replace some gutter sections - he quoted me $1700, which I knew was excessive. So he did not get the job. and I will never will ask him for a quote again ....
I've also found if the job is perceived to be a little difficult ( like gutter on a 2 story house - a scaffold is needed) , a lot of tradesmen are not interested. Or maybe they do not have the scaffold equipment ....

Back