Rosebud West

Hi,

I have not been able to find any recent threads on peoples view of Rosebud or Rosebud West. The suburb is still very reasonably priced given the proximity to the beach and easily accessed with the east link. What do people think? Is it a long term capital growth suburb or is it's old dodgy reputation still holding it back?

Thanks,
xx

Living on the peninsula I just don't see anything to drive prices to make it worthy of investing and holding property there.
No real industry in the area independent of tourism which is highly seasonal and limited retail sector.

It's a big retirees hub which as the baby boomer generation move towards retirement may see significant population migration in an and around the area.
For me it's too much of a sleepy hollow- the fact that's its coastal works in its favour but other than that- yields, population growth, industry, vacancy rates etc just don't marry up to make it worthy of pulling the trigger; shame though as there are some big blocks with old shacks that could do with some love.

Back