Roy McDonald Seminar - Give it time Mike

W

WebBoard

Dear John

Perhaps you did not notice these 'conditions of use'at the entrance to the Forum:

'The forum is open to all those with an interest in property investment, but users should respect the views of others and refrain from any anonymous, rude, libellous or unfair comment.'

I have been visiting this Forum for some time now, and have noticed quite a number of changes over the past few months.

One really significant change is the apparent loss of a number of educated, interesting and professional people who used to make regular contributions to the discussions.

One by one these folk have fallen away. Too busy? Got a life? Or was it the fact that some other contributors, in the way dogs attack a chained bear, decided that the professionals were 'fair game' to not just impartial discussion but also to personal and professional attack?

Why would an amateur contributor, who is untrained and unaccountable, and whose declared intention is to 'make money' from other people through property investment / trading, decide to take the high moral ground and accuse a trained, licensed agent or broker of any kind, of dishonesty?

Honest investing is admirable and to be encouraged amongst all people. Shonky dealings are to be deplored. But please! let us not get carried away with our own rhetoric and forget that this is meant to be a forum for the open and honest sharing of views amongst people of similar interest.

Congratulations Mike on pursuing your License. Your posts are a joy to read. Keep up the good work

Squidgie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

John,

YOUR a real estate agent???

Is this what happened to you?

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

RE: Roy McDonald Seminar - Had time John

Reply: 1.1

Michael,

I don't know you from a bar of soap. But, from the postings you've made
on this forum, and the integrity/honesty with which you state your
opinions, I am sure you will stand out apart from all the other agents
you'll be competing with.

If ever I need advice on anything relating to property in Canberra, I
wouldn't hesitate to contact you.

All the best with it.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

RE: Roy McDonald Seminar - Had time John

Reply: 1.1.1

Mike,

If you take to the brisbane property market, I too would prefer to deasl with someone like yourself

RE: Roy McDonald Seminar - An apology is due

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi, John

Quote for the day (from Beliefnet newsletter)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

-Philo

Cheers

not so anonymous Squidgie

RE: Roy McDonald Seminar - An apology is due

Reply: 1.1.1.2

Hi John,

It takes a brave man to apologise in public for words said in the heat of the moment. You'll do, welcome aboard.

Jude

Back