Rozelle - An innerwest suburb in NSW

All,

I'd like to gauge forum member's opinion on the growth potential of Rozelle. Rozelle is an innter west suburb of NSW and is about 3km from the CBD of Sydney.

I am investing in a 2 br semi in Rozelle which goes for around $520k (with a 177m2 block of land). This is a tiny block of land and half a million does not get you much in that area.

What is the groups opinion on the general growth rate of Rozelle, I am not aware of any further development in the area except for Callan Park. Residex has predicted a 10-12% growth for the next 5 years for Rozelle.

What are your thoughts ?

Another area I wish to invest in is North Ryde and Marsfield. Major infrastructure is being built in the area due to an implosion of commercial interest over the past year. These suburbs are serviced by buses, future trains and vsituated close to Macquarie University and West field Shopping Centre. All the signs are there for a good investment. But I cannot say the same for Rozelle.

What is the predicted growth rate in North Ryde and would I do better with North Ryde than Rozelle in terms of capital growth ? North Ryde and Marsfiled will have a much better rental yield than Rozelle largely due the student population there.

gem

Back