RP Data Group Access - anyone interested in access??

Hi as a past property seminar junkie and attending seminars and reading books etc. i took it upon myself to setup a private group of like minded individuals to get access to RP Data so me and others in our group could get cheap access. well i did that and have run it now for 4 or more years. its works really well and we all love it.

However, each year we have a few drop outs and i have a few new spots left to fill for the coming year, 2009.

anyone here who is interested in joining our group send me an email - see below.

RP is an invaluable service in finding out what properties are really worth and what other properties have sold for in the surrounding area. i wouldnt ever trust a real estate agent's opinion ever again?? i use RP Data and get the real true 'sell' value for houses near where i want to buy and the past previous price, of the current house i am interested in, sold for !

anyway our area is the growth corridor of SE QLD. it includes Brisbane, out west to Ipswich, down to Gold Coast and up to Sunshine Coast. cost is only $300 per annum for 365 days per yr 24 hours access. it costs like Thousands of $$ for this type of coverage normally, so we get a group access for only $300. its a deal.

i have a few spots left for 2009. if you have any interest, pls email me on [email protected] sorry but at this stage, we only have SE QLD and thats not likely to change, due to cost - RP charge a LOT for thier service - its great, but too epxnsive to go for Australia-wide, even tho i'd love too. !!

email me if you want to take a spot for 2009 or want further info.
cheers Rod

RP Data

TO clarify, the cost is $300 per person per annum. individually this service for our area's coverage would cost over $4,500+. So you see $300 is a deal for a years worth of access compared to that.

Gools, you get 5 user names per account (although I remember them telling us they were increasing that to 8 or so this year unless I'm imagining that?). So 5 people can be logged in simultaneously without problems. More than 5 users, you just have to start sharing logins and when someone is using the system and another user logs in with the same name, the first person gets booted.

RP Data don't mind small investors using these arrangements, so no worries there.

Rob, it's useful when you're actively buying (which defines your permenant stage of the cycle! :D ) or planning/developing etc, but otherwise it's a fairly expensive 'toy.' Since our official plans don't involve buying for another 2-3yrs now, I've bit the bullet and cancelled my service effective next month. It's great to play with, but not for $250pm.

RP Group Access sounds GREAT!!!

Hi all,

Group access to RP data sounds great!!

I am based in Victoria and have an IP in Frankston and another in Melton, at this stage not looking in Brisbane, will look for another in Melbourne this year.

Does anyone know of a group that has organised mass access to this data in Melbourne already?
Would anyone investing in the south east of Melbourne be interested in forming a group to access RP data cheaper?

Cheers,
Crystal

Last edited:
Gools, you get 5 user names per account (although I remember them telling us they were increasing that to 8 or so this year unless I'm imagining that?). So 5 people can be logged in simultaneously without problems. More than 5 users, you just have to start sharing logins and when someone is using the system and another user logs in with the same name, the first person gets booted.

RP Data don't mind small investors using these arrangements, so no worries there.

the number of users allocated depends on your subscription level...

however you can also now log in under your own name....SO, at first you log in under the provided log in codes and then register your own user name and password under that account - you will never get booted off and don't have to remember their codes etc., just your own details.

means large real estate offices with a dozen or so people can have one account login, but then set up individual userid's under that at no extra cost - everyone can use it at the same time under their details.

I'm part of a small group of investors who share a subscription to PDS Live. At the moment, we're paying $13 per quarter each, but if a few new people join, it may drop even further. :)

We just share one login. It doesn't seem to be a problem, as it's not the sort of thing that any of us use all day, just sporadically. I've never had the experience of not being able to log in, or being bumped off.

If you'd like the contact details of the lady who organises our subscription, PM me.

do all subscriptions include 5 usernames? I have a subscription for WA and would like to sell off some log ins but only if I can set them up as differnent names to my own - is frustrating when you keep being booted off.

Sorry - I hadn't realised it, but our subscription is currently QLD only. I've asked our group's coordinator, Sarah, to investigate how much it would cost to upgrade to a national subscription.

So our group currently offers a QLD subscription for $13 per month, or possibly a bit less with a few extra members. I'll update when I hear back about cost/feasibility of upgrading to a national subscription.

Hello there...am in NSW and interested in getting access to RP Data...willing to join a group, or to meet up with others also interested.

Back