RP Data Question

Hi,

Just looking at the Spring RP Daties figures for properties and am trying to figure out how they come to their "Gross Indicative Rental Yield" figure.

I thought they would take the annualised median rent figure and divide it by the median price but if I do that calculation I get different figures.

Hi, Just looking at the Spring RP Daties figures for properties and am trying to figure out how they come to their "Gross Indicative Rental Yield" figure.

I thought they would take the annualised median rent figure and divide it by the median price but if I do that calculation I get different figures.

From http://pages.e.rpdata.com/2012-best-of-the-best/

Important points to keep in mind when looking at this data:

Median values are based on the middle value of all automated valuation values across that suburb. We have only included those suburbs that had at least 5 sales over the year.
Median sale prices are only calculated across properties which have sold so they may not be reflective of the entire housing market.
The change in median sale price is only calculated across those properties which have been sold, as such they may be volatile and not represent the large volume of stock which has not transacted. These figures can also be compositionally biased if the type of stock transacting has changed over one year to the other.
Rental rates quoted are based on advertised rents only.
Indicative gross rental yields are based on annualised median weekly advertised rents divided by the median price, as such they should be used as a guide only.

Back