RSJ - free to a good home...

G'day all,

Are you needing an RSJ (Rolled Steel Joist) to span a decent width? Some may know it as "I-section". Are you happy to re-use one that is probably several decades old, but appears to be in good health (though has surface rust, naturally enough).

And it's free, gratis, and for nothing !! But you'd need to come and get it, with a football team in tow to LIFT it. And it is in Sydney (near Pennant Hills). I'd reckon it would weigh 300 to 400Kg.

Dimensions (approx)

Length ~7 metres (23 feet)
Height 225mm (9 inches)
Width 100mm (4 inches)
Thickness ~10mm (3/8 inch)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/data/504/thumbs/RSJ_-_Anna_018.jpg

Note that access to where it is, is restricted (a truck may well "bottom out" coming down the drive) so I'd think it would need 6 to 8 blokes to manhandle it up to the roadway. A truck with a HIAB would be good news too.

Might suit someone looking to develop an area under a high-set house (where you may need to remove some piles to create space).

There is a "sunset clause" - if you want it, move quick - if no interest, I'll be calling in a scrap merchant to deal with it (say, two weeks from now). It needs to go.

Please PM me to express interest - there, we can swap phone #'s, and arrange pickup,

Regards,

You should ebay it, seen plenty of similar items there - you will get it sold and gone with in your time limit - may be a better option if you have no takers here.

I agree. Ebay is a great way to get your yard cleaned up :)

When doing a makeover of my front yard, I had a lot of large landscaping rocks I didn't need anymore.
I listed them on ebay at $1 and said "buyer must remove rocks within one week of auction end".

And within a week, someone came with a trailer, told me how much he loved rocks :confused::confused: and took them all away for me. Problem solved, and I got a couple of bucks too :) Win win.

Ben.

Thanks for the input - I've used Ebay as a buyer, but never looked at "selling" on it. And then, I wasn't sure this kind of object was likely to be a "sell".

But I'll check it out... meantime, though, if anyone on here DOES have a need - the offer stands, at least for another week - only fair really.

No takers, so offer withdrawn - and we'll take other steps...... Thanks for the tips,

Regards,

Last edited:
Back