Rudd vAbbott

Thanks G.

And as usual, Intrinsic_value gets bored debating subjective topics, and instead focuses on:

so be it, how do I profit from it.
Right on, Mr. Glib.

Probably all of us here - by virtue of the fact that we are here on SS - will be in the group who are able to make profit from it.

Pretty much every one here except for a small percentage are highly trained and educated folk in higher-end jobs which are probably safe forever, are all of the investor mindset and so on.

Good for you.

But, it doesn't mean that you should simply wave the hand and scoff, and make glib statements that "folk will lose their jobs; so what?...they'll get another one....I'm alright, Jack"

We are not the majority here on SS.

I talk of these things not because I am not concerned for me, or my business or future. I bought myself a job and it will be there as long as I want. Only the level of hours worked and money earned will vary a bit.

I mention these things because I am concerned for the masses who are not at the pointy end of the income and job tree, who are going to see loads of jobs disappear that they are in, and can't simply wave a wand and walk into another you-beaut job next week..

Last edited:
On the eve of the election (though I guess there is still 20 or so hours to go) Centrebet has:

Coalition - $1.02
ALP - $14.00

Is that an all-but guaranteed [but not guaranteed, of course] 2% return on your money in as little as 48 hrs or so?

On the eve of the election (though I guess there is still 20 or so hours to go) Centrebet has:

Coalition - $1.02
ALP - $14.00

Is that an all-but guaranteed [but not guaranteed, of course] 2% return on your money in as little as 48 hrs or so?

In WA, Sportsbet has 8 seats going to the coalition at $1.001.

Seats that look like being close:

Brand Coal @ $1.73, Lab @ $2.00
Durack Lib @ $1.17, WA Nats @ $4.50
Freo Lab @ $1.20, Coal @ $3.75
Hasluck Coal @ $1.08, Lab @ $6.50
O'Connor Coal @ $1.15, WA Nats @ $4.50
Perth Lab @ $1.10, Coal @ $6.00
Swan Coal @ $1.08, Lab @ $6.00

All up, looks like about 13 seats for the coalition, 2 for Labor.

Thanks G.

Right on, Mr. Glib.

Probably all of us here - by virtue of the fact that we are here on SS - will be in the group who are able to make profit from it.

Pretty much every one here except for a small percentage are highly trained and educated folk in higher-end jobs which are probably safe forever, are all of the investor mindset and so on.

Good for you.

But, it doesn't mean that you should simply wave the hand and scoff, and make glib statements that "folk will lose their jobs; so what?...they'll get another one....I'm alright, Jack"

We are not the majority here on SS.

I talk of these things not because I am not concerned for me, or my business or future. I bought myself a job and it will be there as long as I want. Only the level of hours worked and money earned will vary a bit.

I mention these things because I am concerned for the masses who are not at the pointy end of the income and job tree, who are going to see loads of jobs disappear that they are in, and can't simply wave a wand and walk into another you-beaut job next week..

There is a storey to all off this. Several years ago I was talking about some economic social concern or another to a close Chinese friend. His reply was 'why do you Westerners all like to spend your time debating these issues'.
As an individual you can rarely change things, so you wind yourself up emotionally for no real return.

His solution was to instead focus on something that you can control. Focus instead on identifying the issue and then focus on how you can profit from it.

It was a enlightening moment for me.

There is a storey to all off this. Several years ago I was talking about some economic social concern or another to a close Chinese friend. His reply was 'why do you Westerners all like to spend your time debating these issues'.
As an individual you can rarely change things, so you wind yourself up emotionally for no real return.

His solution was to instead focus on something that you can control. Focus instead on identifying the issue and then focus on how you can profit from it.

It was a enlightening moment for me.

On my 30th birthday a very good friend gave me a plaque bearing the quote below. I've spent the last 30 wondering whether she was trying to tell me something :) :

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." [Reinhold Niebuhr]

24 hours to go.........Media reports of some 300,000 undecided voters........can Kevin still pull it out of the hat .................

Well certainly not the whitewash some were predicting and a wonderful concession speech from an outgoing Prime minister who has guided our nation through the worst financial crisis in almost a century and helped us to become the envy of the world.
Congratulations to Tony Abbot,I hope he proves capable of taking the baton,I guess only time will tell...........

Democracy at work

Less than 30 mins before they go head to head for the first time in this campaign. Abbots' personality(or lack of),reluctance to debate and general lack of policy will surely come under great scrutiny. Should be very interesting.....

The People have clearly spoken today

Well I, for the first time ever, was a volunteer for the LIBS in the Seat of Bendigo.

Sadly the candidate Greg didn't make the 9.5% gap but torn it up back to 2%.

I also was a scrutineer and the Greens got a big vote here which pulled the ALP . No PUP or KATTER role here.

I think, now it is up to the PM to prove he is leader. I think he is.

Rudd to stand down as ALP leader.

Peter

The People have clearly spoken today

Yes they certainly have rchad!
We are extremely blessed to live in a great democracy in what I believe to be the greatest country in the world.
My preferred political party has lost the election but our great Aussie lifestyle shall almost certainly continue driven by honest and hard working people.....

Yes they certainly have rchad!
We are extremely blessed to live in a great democracy in what I believe to be the greatest country in the world.
My preferred political party has lost the election but our great Aussie lifestyle shall almost certainly continue driven by honest and hard working people.....

Agree and that is how it should be.

To give us all hope know that: I stood next to Green how to vote volunteer who is a colleague on school council and learns french with my wife at local community college. The head ALP guy and our Head LIB guy coffee most mornings at a local cafe and agree to disagree with passion. But no abuse, no lies, no offensive comments, no back stabbing.

May the best person win!

Peter 14.7

To give us all hope know that: I stood next to Green how to vote volunteer who is a colleague on school council and learns french with my wife at local community college.
I saw the ALP how to vote guy and a Lib how to vote girl majorly flirting with each other. Was great to see considering it's been such a nasty 3 years, which btw I blame entirely on Abbott. Not even the party, just him personally. Libs should do well in govt I think , but somehow I'm disappointed with this result. ANyone else feel the same?

Agree and that is how it should be.

To give us all hope know that: I stood next to Green how to vote volunteer who is a colleague on school council and learns french with my wife at local community college. The head ALP guy and our Head LIB guy coffee most mornings at a local cafe and agree to disagree with passion. But no abuse, no lies, no offensive comments, no back stabbing.

May the best person win!

Peter 14.7

Exactly. The way it should be.

I'm gutted. I had a bet that they would get at least 61 seats. Hopeless optimist. Now I have to buy my liberal mate a slab of James Squire Amber Ale :mad:

Back