SA solar panel deals

Hi,

Do you have any experiences in solar panels in SA? any good deals around?

i know that different states have companies that offer diff deals. Like to restrict this to just SA.

cheers.
Scott

I know Cool or Cosy at Torrensville is now heavily into Solar.

They have always been known with Insulation but got hit hard with the ending and saga of the rebates for it. Someone told me they are offering to beat any quote currently.

Interested myself but seems to be so many differing opinions on quality and 'energy assesors' (eg sales consultants) around!

Hope it helps,

Cheers
Ben

My draftsman told me they are now so cheap the builders are putting them in instead of a water tank to gain the necessary star rating.

I'm not SA but suggest you look behind a hot deal. I suggest questions such as; how long has this product been on sale in Australia, does the mfr have a local office, how does the warranty work (panels loose efficiency over time), do they meet an Aus standard, what price for my REC's, ...

The insulation scheme was a warning

Cheers

I have Solarshop panels on my roof. They have been on the roof for about a year now and I love them. There Kanaka ones which have a good name and i've had zero issues so far.

I got a good deal through a friends and family deal.

True Value? I think not.

Whatever you do, don't go with Truevalue Solar.
Despite many requests for a receipt of my deposit of $1000, more than 3 months later, I have none. They sold me panels for my shed roof.
Their installers are called Solar installers Australia and they are hopeless too. Completely disorganised.
They have made 4 appointments in this time. Installers have arrived twice and gone without finishing the job they are supposed to complete within one day. The other times they didn’t show once they had an excuses the next time they didn’t even bother to call. Their customer service is terrible, they say one thing, and do another.
The first time installers came, they quickly left saying they’d contact me for another appointment; they just needed a part to finish the job. 3 weeks later I call and they tell me I need council approval. That was new. One week later as I investigate how to get approval, I call back with questions about specifications I need to get the approval, the guy I talk to, “the boss”, basically laughs at me saying I’m the first who’s asked for specs. He said words to the effect of “no one gets council approval; it’s a waste of time and money”. Dodgy. So why aren’t my panels installed?
By this time 2 months had passed and my panels are at my house gathering dust.
Later after more to and fro on the phone “the boss” visits. He says I can either reinforce my shed or put them on my house roof. (This is despite my original purchase where the Truevalue agent sold them to me for installation on the shed.) So I, all too compliantly, reinforce the shed. The next day installers were to come to finish the job. What happens?
History repeats. All’s going well until “we need to get a part to finish the job”. That’s now a month ago and I haven’t seen them since.
Despite my regular calling of the installers, they say they’ll get back to me, but don’t. True value are just as bad. These practices bring questions on their whole operation.
The only thing I feel will work is to involve the office of consumer affairs. Save yourself the hassle and the frustration and go with another company.

how much will it cost?

i wonder how much will it cost to buy solar panels, sorry if i go off the topic, i just want to know if it is cost a lot or are there any affordable solar panels that i can buy.

still want to try this Solar Power Queensland info if it is worth!

i wonder how much will it cost to buy solar panels, sorry if i go off the topic, i just want to know if it is cost a lot or are there any affordable solar panels that i can buy.

still want to try this Solar Power Queensland info if it is worth!

the best place for info on solar panels is here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/138?g=223
this site helped me answer all my questions and even supplied me with an installer which i am more than happy with and the system is screaming in preformance terms

Back