SA, where is the market at?

Hi

I'm interested in the SA market after reading some interesting threads on this forum.

My question however is, is it a good time to buy and where in the cycle is the market.

Now I know I'll get a few comments about "time in the market and not timing the market" however I'm really interested to hear where things are at.

My budget is about $340K and I don't mind units, villas, town houses or standard houses.

Thanks

UUA

Hi UUAA, welcome to the forums.

The thing about Adelaide is $340k will get you in the door just about anywhere.

For that you can get:

- a really nice 4br, 2br, games room 25km from the city
- a 4x1 or 3x2 on traditional block 15km from the city
- a new courtyard home on 350m2 10km from the city
- a tired old 2br bungalow on 700m2 5km from the city
- a 1-2br unit in the city

Any of which could be the next big thing, depending on who you talk to!

With that amount of cash, I'd do what Xenia said - get as close to the CBD as you can on a block with future development potential. Or you could look near the new Port development, or also look at the inner Western suburbs which are'nt as pricey as the Eastern suburbs yet - you may not get a block big enough to subdivide though as the blocks in these suburbs were much smaller when created, although you'll be able to find the odd one if you look.

Or for that price you could also get a good apartment in town if you like that sort of IP (not my thing personally) - but make sure you look at ones that come with a car park.

Cheers
Steve

Back