sacking my managing agent??

I have just purchased my second IP, and the property is currently mangaed by a major real estate agent charging 8.8%... needless to say I dont think that is good value. I want to manage the property myself ( There is a good tenant in place, half way through 12 month lease), but before I decline their offer to continue managing this property I want to know what they are going to say / do when I sack them. Does anyone know what devious tricks they might be able to pull?????
PS many thanks to all the brilliant investors who share their knowledge on this forum.
vern.

serve them a letter and abide by their terms and conditons you have agreed to when you signed over to them.

what can they say?

but before I decline their offer to continue managing this property I want to know what they are going to say / do when I sack them.
vern,

I have a question for you. Did you actually hire them? Just because you purchased a property with tenants does not mean that you automatically inherit the PM as well. If not, then it is not up to you to sack them - that is up to the vendor who hired them.
You can just let them know that you won't be requiring their services as you will be self-managing.
Just make sure your solicitor makes the rental adjustments one way or the other on settlement.

Back