SAFE Perth

Hi All
I recently started fostering dogs with SAFE (Saving Animals from Euthanasia).

My first foster dog was a gorgeous pup "Napolean" (lab/mixed breed), had him for 10 weeks, as part of the foster program it is my responsibility to find a suitable person to adopt Napolean after 10 weeks.

I advertised him on the SAFE Perth website
http://www.safeperth.com.au/index.php/adopt-a-pet/dogs-for-adoption

I had many people contact me and I was basically screening and at the time there were at least 3 good candidates. During this time my mother-in-law also mentioned someone she knew who was interested in adopting Napolean as her Golden Lab had recently passed away.

I drove the dog to her home in Port Kennedy and she fell in love with him. After chatting with this lady for quite some time and watching the interaction between her and the dog I was comfortable with her adopting him. I thought she ticked all the boxes and Napolean had found a great loving home.

She signed a contract with SAFE which basically states "I agree to not sell, give away or euthanise the dog".

Received a phone call on Sunday apparently this person sold Napolean to someone in Bunbury who contacted SAFE and stated that his wife does not want the dog.

Napolean is now coming back to Perth and as I am going to Japan I can not take him but he will be with another foster carer in Ascot.

Napolean is a gorgeous dog with a great nature, he is very playful as he is still a pup (4 months) and will need to be taken for walks daily.

This is how SAFE works when adopting, person adopting signs a contract, once taking the dog you have 2 weeks grace if you change your mind. SAFE vaccinate, de-sex and microchip the dog.

Napolean's photo and detail will be placed on the SAFE web page shortly, so anyone interested please check him out.

I really hope he finds a great loving home soon.

Cheers, MTR:)

Back