Sales history on Property

Does anyone know of how I can get hold of the sales history of a individual property going back over the years to when it was built?

What I'm looking for is when it exchanged owners and how much it sold for each change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

For ACT properties over the last 10 years you can go to allhomes.com.au. This great service is invaluable for information searches, rates, land tax etc. But only for the ACT!

Grant AY

Reply: 2

Hi Rixter,

A similar question was asked just 10 days ago. For all newbies if you're wondering why some of your questions aren't answered by our regulars (aka forum addicts), it may be that the question has already been answered umpteen times before, so check past posts first, please.

Anyway, Rixter, I'll save you a bit of legwork on this occasion and copy a previous post from Michael Colletti:

"HEY THERE PETER YOU CAN GO TO YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL AND REQUEST THE VAULATIONS OF PROPERTY'S BY FILLING IN A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION FORM , AROUND $20. ALSO THE COUNCIL HAS A BOOK OF ALL RECENT SALES WITHIN THE AREA WHICH IS FREE TO VIEW. GOOD LUCK"

Regards, Mike

Reply: 1.1

G'day Rixster

What I do which is a little sneaky, but is not illegal though unethical. Is I ring council and state that I am a Real estate agent (I used to be) mentioning a local agency name, and ask for the last sale price and land size etc of the property I am interested in. The councils valuations dept will give the last sale price and date over the phone which helps you work out Capital Improved value over history of the property.

I have found this invaluable for working out Market price, Capital Improved percentage,
etc.

P.S I am in Melbourne dont know how you will go with this else where

Hope to see some of you people at the Investment Institutes seminar on 02.04.01

All the best
Jack

FAQ?

Reply: 2.1

I have noticed that the same sort of questions keep coming up. And hence the same sort of answers: "check the archive" :)

The Somers' site has a FAQ, but it is not related to this discussion forum. Does anyone have the inclination to start a FAQ for this forum to (a) help the newbies (b) reduce the level of redundant traffic?

Andrew Scott

FAQ?

Reply: 2.1.1

Hi Andrew,

I agree with you, there. The thought has crossed my mind, as well. It's about time something was done in this regard. I think people are turned off searching the Archive because the search facility is so crude and a real time-waster. That is unfortunate because there are many valuable posts in the Archive. It would be a pity if they were never read again.

I hope your question sparks some interest because a FAQ site needs to be done. I'll volunteer some time.

Regards, Mike

Back