Sanctuary Point NSW

Totally agree Knight,

When we lived at Callala we loved the bush and the beach, but my wife always said she wanted just one coffeee shop over looking the water. Not having one saved me a fortune though because she drank her coffee at home!:D

I think its only a matter of time....
For example Huskisson is not that hilly, has no long stretch of white beach, but the way it has been planned and marketed, has made it what it is. Its only a matter of time that Callala Beach achieves what it deserves, and wil kick start other aspects, such as a entrepreneur to make a business case to establish a cafe etc.... perhaps the dual carriageway from Kiama down to forest road may play a big part..

Its only a matter of time that Callala Beach achieves what it deserves

I know since I have been around the local area Callala, both Beach & Bay, have always struggled due to the lack of everyday facilities that support both tourists and even locals.

Haven't been out there recently but from memory there is only the Country club and small shops at both the Beach and Bay but no supermarket, petrol stations, restaurants or cafes to sustain the masses or encourage other developments. Many of those smaller shops have opened and closed or transferred ownership over the years so that's an indication that cash flow for business maybe an issue due to lack of trad or support from the locals.

The new Woolworths at Culburra is now the closest major shopping centre rather than Nowra CBD which is a bonus but IMHO I think Callala has and always will suffer from the pipedream of some day they will build a bridge to Huskisson so everybody sits back waiting for it to happen but it never will in our life time (Unless the "Gash" moves there of course).

Hi Womble66,

Thanks for your views. Theres shops on Emmett st Callala Bay that has an IGA, but the single servo on Quay rd callala beach doesnt operate.
You are right about the lack of services holding the area back, but i reckon one day (within the next 15 years or so), there will be a company or developer which will invest and START/ be the impotus for the economic development of the area. Its a catch 22 situation at the moment, but you need a heavyweight to go first, the rest will flow.

The bridge to Husky will be an absolute dream for me....

Totally agree Knight,

When we lived at Callala we loved the bush and the beach, but my wife always said she wanted just one coffeee shop over looking the water. Not having one saved me a fortune though because she drank her coffee at home!

Thats it, everyone loves a latte over the waterview. Makes us all feel wealthy and at peace when we sip.

I think its only a matter of time....
For example Huskisson is not that hilly, has no long stretch of white beach, but the way it has been planned and marketed, has made it what it is. Its only a matter of time that Callala Beach achieves what it deserves, and wil kick start other aspects, such as a entrepreneur to make a business case to establish a cafe etc.... perhaps the dual carriageway from Kiama down to forest road may play a big part..

As above, the houses dont all have views but the front shops and cafe strip does.

Transport will help the region, for sure, the road improvements are essential and will bring the benefits. Just need them to hurry up and finish.

Thats it, everyone loves a latte over the waterview. Makes us all feel wealthy and at peace when we sip.

As above, the houses dont all have views but the front shops and cafe strip does.

Im sure there are many other suburbs that are not hilly and dont have views but have done well. None come to mind at the moment, but safe to say, I reckon Huskisson, it must be in the way its been planned and marketed thats made it desirable, because it simply does not have the long stretch of beach that callala has...... the rest ofd the stuff it has is man made.. *boat jetty , pubs, carparks, swimming pools etc etc...

Back