sandhurst victoria

hi

im new to this forum i live in melbourne and am looking for an investment property to hold onto for long term growth.

i have looked into an area called sandhurst vic

can anyone give me any first hand information about the area and if they think its a good investment. from all the data out there its seems like all the figures for growth add up but am sceptical as it is all new development and fairly small blocks for the price point im looking at

im only looking into buying a property in the estate for about 400000 to 500000 i know its entry level level.

im worried about getting it rented out.

any help and advice would be much appreciated

sorry if i havent introduced myself properly before posting and dont know what is common Etiquette

hi

im new to this forum i live in melbourne and am looking for an investment property to hold onto for long term growth.

i have looked into an area called sandhurst vic

can anyone give me any first hand information about the area and if they think its a good investment. from all the data out there its seems like all the figures for growth add up but am sceptical as it is all new development and fairly small blocks for the price point im looking at

im only looking into buying a property in the estate for about 400000 to 500000 i know its entry level level.

im worried about getting it rented out.

any help and advice would be much appreciated

sorry if i havent introduced myself properly before posting and dont know what is common Etiquette

Don't do it

There's nothing wrong with Sandhurst as a place to live

However it would be a terrible investment

Part of the reason it has had good growth is because it was like country living but close enough to melbourne.

When all the developable land around Sandhurst is developed it will very quickly lose its appeal.
In five to ten years they will be building estates next door and the cost for a new house will be 400 - 450k

So why would anyone pay more to live in Sandhurst ? It will have lost its appeal

There's nothing wrong with Sandhurst as a place to live

However it would be a terrible investment

Part of the reason it has had good growth is because it was like country living but close enough to melbourne.

When all the developable land around Sandhurst is developed it will very quickly lose its appeal.
In five to ten years they will be building estates next door and the cost for a new house will be 400 - 450k

So why would anyone pay more to live in Sandhurst ? It will have lost its appeal

Great place to live, there is no developable land "next door" it's all green wedge and not sure how it will lose its appeal given that there aren't too many estates where you can live right within a golf course with the amenities it has. Golfs not my thing, but the open space parks, swimming pool, gym, restaurant and feel of the estate is VERY different to just any other land subdibision.

Great place to live, there is no developable land "next door" it's all green wedge and not sure how it will lose its appeal given that there aren't too many estates where you can live right within a golf course with the amenities it has. Golfs not my thing, but the open space parks, swimming pool, gym, restaurant and feel of the estate is VERY different to just any other land subdibision.

Hi Natedog,

Just wondering about a few things that would be great to hear your feedback on:

1. As the OP is asking about an IP, would you see the "liveability" attracting renters/high rent

2. what do you see differentiating it it was an IP location from say Skye/C-Downs (which seems to get various interesting feedback on this forum....)

The Y-man

Heard there is going to be a new large suburb/development just to the N or NE of Sandhurst. Personally i don't think i'd touch it as an investment, just too far away from everything. Traffic around there is horrendous too, Thompsons Rd peak is not pretty.

Hi

I live in Patterson Lakes which is close to Sandhurst and I have 4 x different groups of friends that live in the Sandhurst estate.

3 of these friends tell me that the rules are un-fair within the estate and OC fees are tremendous. I cannot confirm the exact figure but 3 out of my 4 friends that live in the estate tell me it is one of the worst decisions they have ever made to buy within Sandhurst.

The 4th friend that lives in the estate tells me it is fantastic and a great atmosphere and a very safe neighbourhood to live in and bring the kids up in and agrees the fees are crazy expensive but he considers them good value if you utilise all the facilities within the estate such as the golf course and gym. As an investment it is not a good decision, as a ppor maybe it is ok? It most certainly gives a nice impression when you drive in through the main gates but personally I wouldn't buy anything in Sandhurst.

Regards,

alicudi

The traffic in peak hours is horrible.

Who would want to rent there?

I know people who bought and sold out within a year, hated the place.

The long term growth has been miles below Melbourne averages.

If you were retired and loved golf and didn't want to travel to shops, restaurants, cafe's , the city or anywhere basically then it might be a good option.

It is interesting,

Sandhurst has always had mixed opinions!

Some love what it offers, and some think it doesn't offer anything at all :)

I guess due to its body corp rules and fees it just won't appeal to some.

I have family there and they love it.

As to the OP question and Y mans question, rents in sandhurst range from $450-$650 depending on size if home and there doesn't seem to be an oversupply of rentals.

If one was looking to rent in the area and had access to a gym, swimming pool, 24hr patrolled security and the wide open space relaxed "feel" that sandhurst has, it would appeal to some.

Back