Savings Figure?

W

WebBoard

Hi there!

Somehow in Wealthbuilder there is a figure in the "inputs" column for $300K worth of Cash Savings.

I have searched high and low as to where this figure is so I can change it, but with no luck. It's probably staring me in the face!

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to change this figure.

Many thanks!

Cheers, Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

The initial cash savings feature in the Wealth Builder is there for two reasons.

Firstly, if you make an initial cash deposit on a property, you must have had the cash savings available to make that deposit. Thus if you have specified a cash deposit in the investment analysis spreadsheet, it will automatically appear as initial cash savings in the Wealth Builder. If the deposit was say $50K and you had found you could afford 6 properties, it would show $300K cash savings to cover the six deposits. If you have NO such cash available, make it zero by overwriting it and you will find that the deposit has also been made zero.

Secondly, where someone has significant cash reserves at the outset, these can be recorded and used to help fund cash flow deficits, even when there is no initial cash deposit. Cash savings is one of the three indices that I use to determine whether I can afford (or the bank will lend me the money for) the next step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back