sceptical about QLD

Awesome, which suburb did you go for?

Unconditional.

Greenslopes.

5 bedder renovated/built underneath

Downstairs is essentially a self-contained two bedroom 'apartment' with scope to do a little more with ease. Gives us lots of options down the track.

Was a little hard to pin down its value, not too many comparable sales outside the 1m+ range, but I'm happy with the purchase price.

It was a crashed contract, and three offers after the first subsequent open (which was advertised late).

Hopefully will do ok. It's walking distance from Stones Corner, and I still think that Eastern corridor is going to go nuts over the next decade.

Unconditional.
.... and I still think that Eastern corridor is going to go nuts over the next decade.

Generally agree with u here. Look at the equivalents in Melbourne and Sydney and see what happened to them. Just a matter of time before same happens to thsee, but won't be explosive like Sydney - rather consistent and moderately strong year over year without significaNt volatility. Success will depend on hold time.

Annual population growth vs. annual dwelling approvals, Brisbane

the issue with most startistics is that there is just so much variability dependant on methodologies and no consistent definitions. I too am a bit more sceptical about the qld property market short term but not at all and the opposite to bcc and near bcc boundaries.

the issue with most startistics is that there is just so much variability dependant on methodologies and no consistent definitions. I too am a bit more sceptical about the qld property market short term but not at all and the opposite to bcc and near bcc boundaries.

That chart was for Brisbane, not the whole of QLD. What do you make of that?

IMHO greater Brisbane (so, beyond the BCC area and into Logan, moreton bay, Ipswich etc. Council areas) gas peovrn to be a bit of a basket case in terms of consistency of data I've found, when doing DD. Because BCC covers so many of the affluent suburbs, I find data for it that covers the entire area, to be pretty skewed and inconclusive.

IMHO greater Brisbane (so, beyond the BCC area and into Logan, moreton bay, Ipswich etc. Council areas) gas peovrn to be a bit of a basket case in terms of consistency of data I've found, when doing DD. Because BCC covers so many of the affluent suburbs, I find data for it that covers the entire area, to be pretty skewed and inconclusive.

my thoughts as well...
Also the agencies sometimes use different methodologies to crunch the numbers, which can also point to different conclusions.

"Arrivals from interstate to QLD have been trending lower for the past 10 years while departures are currently at an elevated level"
QLD net annual interstate migration

Attachments

• qld-interstate-migration-flows.jpg
    qld-interstate-migration-flows.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 107

$ figures might fluctuate, but population and building approvals would be pretty black and white?

First of all, I apologize if this post may offended property owners in QLD. I'm based in Sydney NSW and I hear lots of natural disasters affecting properties in QLD yet I still see many investment opportunities being marketed in QLD due to their cheaper market price. Being green and lack of knowledge around the QLD area, I'd like to know if it's actually wise to buy investment in QLD?

For investors who buys in QLD, wouldn't your property insurance premium be higher than any other state?

The price are certainly attractive and affordable for me to start investing. But should I be sceptical due to the natural disasters?

How's that weather going down in Sydney Bonanza? I hope no one copped to much damage though.

Capital city auction stats:
Time on market, avg vendor discount:
Canberra and Adelaide still looking better than Brisbane in these stats.

Attachments

• Auction.jpg
    Auction.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 94
  • Time.jpg
    Time.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 79
Interestingly Qld's unemployment rate was 7% in Jan 2003 just before prices took off, but inbound migration was much higher at the time.

Back