Scouting for reliable short term tenant

This isn't usually something I'd do.... but a close relative of mine has a beautiful older home that she intends to renovate/extend in about 6 mths time. In the meantime, she's looking for a reliable tenant who would be happy to pay a lower rent in return for my relative having access to the property during this period (no building, just measurements, quotes, some possible external landscaping) and being prepared to vacate at the end of 6 mths (however this may be extended depending on where DA plans are up to). Naturally, usual rental reference checks as well as usual application procedures will apply as the property is being professionally managed.

The house is a beautiful 4 bed freestanding federation brick home in a very well-to-do northern Sydney suburb walking distance to the train line and exclusive schools. If you are genuinely interested please PM me and I can pass on more details.

This isn't usually something I'd do.... but a close relative of mine has a beautiful older home that she intends to renovate/extend in about 6 mths time. In the meantime, she's looking for a reliable tenant who would be happy to pay a lower rent in return for my relative having access to the property during this period (no building, just measurements, quotes, some possible external landscaping) and being prepared to vacate at the end of 6 mths (however this may be extended depending on where DA plans are up to). Naturally, usual rental reference checks as well as usual application procedures will apply as the property is being professionally managed.

The house is a beautiful 4 bed freestanding federation brick home in a very well-to-do northern Sydney suburb walking distance to the train line and exclusive schools. If you are genuinely interested please PM me and I can pass on more details.

FYI Beware of getting a tennant from Gumtree website, sometimes you don't know if they are a good / decent person.
my friend's tenant just got away after 2 months without paying any rent (so the 1 month bond is not enough to recover the damage).

From the sounds of it, a PM doesn't do any better at screening applicants.

Ask for a copy of their last paycheque....then you know where to guarnish their wages.

Jacque
You want someone who only needs a short term rental.
Otherwise I think it would not be easy to get them out after the 6 months because it will be hard for them to find alternative accommodation.
Unless your friend is not in a hurry and can wait a couple of months

A price guide would be good too if you are trying to source people on here, I am not sure if that is your intention or not (only suggesting because it is in caveat emptor) :)

A 4 bed home in an exclusive suburb could be anything from $500-1500.

And is northern referring to the Hills, the North Shore or the pocket between? As you would know, there is a big difference in the 3!

Good luck, hopefully some of your real estate contacts can send someone your way :)

Back