SE Asia family holiday.

the law is the law and if you're in their country.....our laws don't have anywhere the laws for possessing dope either but would you take the chance on that?

Just a warning/of interest. Indonesia are making some new stricter laws and one is making it illegal to be defacto in their country. Punishable by jail. I for one would take this very seriously

haha. I'd like to see that being enforced in Bali. There are so many single ladies living with their Bali boys.

Seriously though Bali is a great destination. Close, cheap, beach, nature, culture. There are loads opf things to do at an affordable price.
Marine park (fantastic), bird park, zoo, waterbom (water them park).
And as mentioned- at a fraction of the Gold Coast prices.

I have a friend that always went to the GC also. One year their booking was mucked up and they went to Bali at a 5* resort for double the time for less money.
Accom is cheaper. Food is WAY cheaper and that's a big cost for a family. Outings are cheaper.

The other places people have mentioned are also good but I'm a Baliaddict.

Just a warning/of interest. Indonesia are making some new stricter laws and one is making it illegal to be defacto in their country. Punishable by jail. I for one would take this very seriously

yeah right - anything can be bought over there if you have the cash. even guys in jail who have money was able to buy his way out of jail for a holiday to singapore to watch a tennis match.

Singapore is fantastic - so much variety on one island. Still areas where it's very similar to what it was like 40 years ago, and then other areas that weren't there 10 years ago (Marina Bay). Getting around by cab or MRT is easy. There's some great walks through parks etc around as well as all the shopping, theme parks etc.

Chiang Mai around northern thailand is great as well. Went in September last year, airfares from singapore, four days/four nights stay with all activities (kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, cooking school, coffee shops, zip lining), driver and transport in private van with five others in our group, accommodation, all meals (not including alcohol), came in at $500 AUD per person. Loved it, were three kids on the tour who all had a blast. Can't wait to go again.

Back