seaford vic gaining?

I really like that area Bigbucks. I saw a State Trustee sale there a while back with something I'd have liked but out of my range unfortunately. Well done. I imagine that area will just increase more.

Anymore news on the St Kilda development anyone? The agents there must be very happy if they're walking the streets for new houses!

The only other news I have is that a property my friends owns about 1km in from the St Kilda development was valued for about 370k the other day, purchased two years ago for 320k.

Im not sure if the Agent was just being a bit exuberant, but its a good sign.

My advise to him was to hold, at least till August/ Sept when St kilda moves in....there would be plenty of publicity at that time.

yep seaford is the go!

seaford has gotten sooo much better over the years no wonder it booms end on end every year. so many cafes and small bars around and great beach too! summer time its soo busy!!!! cause its bordering on the MP. frankston city council is doing so much to seaford and its great. if you going to buy in property investment, i say go for seaford you'll never lose!

Absolutely Julie. It will be the best possible time. In fact Julie to October would be ideal. The publicity leading upto it, and the publicity in september, especially if St Kilda make the finals, would be great. Can you imagine the crowds that would flock to Seaford to watch St Kilda train come finals time

I hope following St Kilda is not a requirment for investors in the area!

I know some followers are fanatical but it's a bit unlikely they'd buy just to be near the training ground lol.

Does anyone know if the footballers themselves are moving down that way?

I dont think any fanatics would move to seaford (although you can never rule out anything), but I do think that the publicity and interest will intensify in that area.

I havent heard of any St Kilda players buying property there yet, but the club does often look to local rental properties to house interstate rookies.

seaford prices are still galloping

The most recent median house price for Seaford is $595,000 and the median unit price is $406,000.

based december 2009.

Also indicates the demand jumping as well, i have it that a lot of prospective purchasers are finding it very difficult to find quality family homes in the area due to lack of supply.

i have also noticed anything decent is selling fast sometimes as soon as its listed.
Wonder if this will continue throughout 2010?

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=vic&u=seaford

http://www.realestateview.com.au/por...#median-prices

So who do we believe people?

Has Seaford had it's run or is it just starting or is it going sideways?

I have been looking at the numbers on realestate.com.au for sometimes and have reservations towards their reliabilities because

1. There are drastic month-to-month variations e.g. for Seaford, the site reported the median house price of 340K in Nov09 and a massive jump to 595K in Dec09. That is an increase of 175% in 1 month! The median house price for Yarraville is 602K so you may as well buy in Yarraville.

2. The median price for units is higher than that for houses in some areas e.g. Inverloch. A poster had already said there are some mistakes with this.

3. Its median house price for some suburbs is far from reality e.g. it reported the median house price of 435K for Altona. REIV reported the median house price of 542.5K for Altona. I live in Altona and know you can't buy a house for 435K in Altona; 542.5K will be much closer to most sales.

I tend to believe more in the median house price released by REIV as these are what being published in The Age and reported in the news.

Seaford is still well below the average Melbourne Median, and thats why property prices will continue to rise in Seaford. Its still AFFORDABLE!!

i'm totally fixed on prices in seaford growing & if you are a purchaser its quite difficult to find a decent place a good quality family home close to beach will allways be at the higher end of the average price as is constantly sought.
the mid to high 300k stock is just evaporating as time goes on.
lets say you had a budget 500k to spend on a quality home there just none available & most sell before even being listed in the beachside area.
anything thats worth 500k can possibly even acheive as high as 600k in this sector due to constant lack of supply.
i'm sure most owners will just sit as its going up at the moment.
i may even look at mt eliza at these prices.

Back