seaford vic gaining?

You raise a valid point Landlord78 (pardon the pun) :p

With sea levels rising, it's not too outlandish to think that one day those with more inland bayside properties like Carrum Downs will have beach front properties!!! ;)

Get out your flippers Marty!! :D

You raise a valid point Landlord78 (pardon the pun) :p

With sea levels rising, it's not too outlandish to think that one day those with more inland bayside properties like Carrum Downs will have beach front properties!!! ;)

Get out your flippers Marty!! :D
Lol. Boardies, snorkel and flippers sitting by the door, just in case. Well, for the tenants anyway...gotta keep em' happy.

Regards
Marty

I think the Seaford boom is more to do with the general Melbourne Metro market boom than St Klda FC.

I have noticed Seaford seems the last suburb along the line that moves in sync with Metro melb property cycle. Frankston South, Mt Eliza, Mornington seem to move after the Metro boom runs out of puff.

Cheers

Bigtone

back from the gold coast

well well hasn't there been a huge run on prices in Seaford i wonder if all those cashed up asian investors have also entered the market.
interesting to see that unit development properties are being now priced at 210/230k per unit/townhouse site land value only.
at these prices im looking forward to the 500k plus units/townhouses coming on the market & i just wonder weather those cashed up will be tempted to dip there toes in the water.
Certainly interesting times in this fueled up property market.

interesting news that may push seaford prices higher,big college in area has a designated area zoning to include belvadere estate area ? interested to see if that will put the area in more demand as certain other areas of seaford may not be included in zone?

i have heard that the school zone may be pushing buyers with school kids wishing to go to the college into the designated zone area & this may see price rises in the designated zoned area as there is little stock particually family homes for sale

The recently released 1Q REIV median for Seaford is $399 000. Obviously that is the starting point when looking at buying a decent house, with much more being paid for beachside parts of Seaford. It's no wonder this is a private school area - this appears to be a comfortably middle class neighborhood.

i doubt you can find a decent house for 399k i know of people looking that would pay up to 600k for a top class family home. interesting issue may be that the golden mile area of seaford is not in the designated area for paterson river college for any new year 7 students starting school in 2011 this is due

I think the $399k REIV median figure probably reflects sales that are not beachside, these change hands more frequently than those closer to the beach.

There are few seaside suburbs in Australia that are selling as cheaply as Seaford or Frankston. The older homes on developable blocks are more likely to show medium-term capital gain than the newer units sprouting everywhere IMHO.

No, I am NOT saying prices will grow exponentially. Like most reasonable people, I'm happy with steady incremental gains that are sustainable when times go bad.

the only recent houses beachside seaford that i have seen advertised at 390/420k negotiable however these sold for around 450k & were run down. Any new listings seem to be taking advantage of the higher prices achieved in the area.
Whenever anything of quality comes on the the market it can be expected to sell well over these figures.
More buyers unable to afford beachside are looking the otherside of the freeway althouigh this may also change prices in those areas as it is now part of the newly designated paterson river college school zone area, the zone stops frankston side of seaford road

When I was looking at a place in Seaford 18 months ago in the Belvedere area you could pick up a property for just under $280k, was a few on the Seaford side of Frankston Dandenong Rd for about $260k. I'm curious what these places would cost now

hi ramzd,

have several interests in the beachside seaford area not including the belvadere estate.
however like this area and have seen prices rise and the area improve.

holding at moment as i see long term gains

Back