seaford vic gaining?

i have notice a huge uplift in seaford prices near the proposed stkilda football club centre, does any one else share my opinion.

example 4 bed b/v sold 490k

also many other quick sales going on

i just wonder if its stkilda people moving to the area maybe some players ? or the new freeway being a positive?

is still in an area very close to beaches etc

St Kilda Football club moving to Seaford after over over 100 years in inner Melbourne will definitely improve Seaford's profile. And that will be good for those who are chasing capital gain provided they buy intelligently. Given that the current Seaford median price is well below that of most Melbourne suburbs, there are no doubt some bargains out there for those who do their homework.

St Kilda is run by intelligent, competent businessmen who know what they are doing.

I spoke to the local politician, Alistair Harkness, and he is very bullish about the area. But you'd expect most local MPs to be the same so take that with a pinch of salt. Rumors of crime are overrated and one must question the motives of those who overplay this issue by posting red-herrings for all of us to see. To get a balanced view its best to check the crime figures for yourself - you will be surprised at what a great job the local cops are doing. Crime is down and no worse than inner city Melbourne.

Oh dear, I can just see Sam Newman from the footy show targetting those around Seaford and Franga's on "Street Talk". The sort of publicity these areas don't need!

Last edited:
There is definitely a feeling that the St Kilda development in the Belvedeire (sp) area of Seaford is going to make a huge difference to the area. This, in combination with the eastlink entrance, has the ingredients of a real boom in the area.

St Kilda, the local council, the state and federal government is spending 50 million on the redevelopment of the area. Thats major investment in the area.

Bought around Aug 06 for approx $370K down from $399K. Less than 400m to bay and rail station/shops. Got good price as vendor was building a new home and son agreed to 4 month settlement. No problem to him as he was keeping his previous PPOR as an IP.

Bank valued at $495K end 08.
Marg

Bought my current PPOR in Seaford Dec 06 (soon to be IP#1) Overall very happy with the purchase.

2bed 1bath on Nepean Hwy.

Bought Dec 06 ~220k
Several recent sales in same complex range from ~270k-~280k

I bike through Belvedere Park reserve occasionally and don't find it a particularly nice area of Seaford. It is wedged between Eastlink and Dandenong Frankston Hwy and commercial developments/factories to the North. I could be (probably am) wrong but I also believe the Frankston by pass is destined to cut through the top of Belvedere Park.

Still this type of development will always have a positive effect on house prices in the area and hopefully counter balance some of the stuff I mentioned above.

St Kilda is run by intelligent, competent businessmen who know what they are doing.

Well thats what I thought till I heard the St Kilda Commercial manager outline the move to Seaford. We were at a footy club in Malvern.

A guy from our footy club (Bayside Mentone area) asked why they did not pursue Frankston football oval. By relocating to Seaford, they are really missing out on a great opportunity. I thought EXACTLY the same.

Imagine the complex they could have built in Frankston. Overlooking the water, new Marina and a short walk to Frankston CBD. People could have really made an effort to visit the footy club and then visit the Marina etc. A big opportunity lost i reckon.

Anyway the st kilda guy banged on about a drain that had to be relocated for about $1m and not wanting to share their ground with others.

With all the money being spent by local,state and federal govt whats $1m. Bloody NOTHING.

The move to Seaford is a VERY short sighted move compared to the move to Frankston.

It might be short sighted...Im not sure. St Kilda says that they have a blank canvas to work with in Seaford.

And thats my whole point. They are taking an area of nothing and changing it into a multi-million dollar facility. Thats a very positive thing for properties in the area, whose previous claim to fame was that they were about 2km away from the beach!!! (Compared to properties in seaford which are beach front.)

I can only tell you my experience for now, and I have noticed a couple of properties in particular streets in upper seaford, that have raised considerably in value lately.

Called a few real estate agents in Seaford. They don't seem helpful. "Nothing's for sale mate. Why don't you buy elsewhere? I'd be buying uranium stocks meself" one said. Hmmm:mad: I have a low tolerance for fools. Imagine having to deal with these people when its time to sell.

It has to go well long term;

near beach
near rail line
affordable for the moment
not far to Frangers shopping, or the other way to Chelsea etc.

share with others what you cannot afford to buy yourself?

How about a few seasoned Seaford investors point out some of the better value situations for the rest of us. Theres kudos in sharing what you may not be able to buy yourselves. Please post a few cheapie links for the rest of us and point out why you considered them compelling value and able to outperform the rest of the stuff. Many thanks for sharing.

seaford warning

Seaford is a great investment destination. But if you are buying/selling in Frankston/Seaford, you need to be aware about some of the practices of local agents. This video, from another state, is how many local real estate agents operate. Be prepared, so you don't get hurt:

http://www.realtytube.com.au/play.php?vid=24
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/show...722#post592722

Aside from these negatives, get in there and hunt down those cheap deals. It will be worth it in the long run

Seaford is a great investment destination. But if you are buying/selling in Frankston/Seaford, you need to be aware about some of the practices of local agents. This video, from another state, is how many local real estate agents operate. Be prepared, so you don't get hurt:

http://www.realtytube.com.au/play.php?vid=24
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/show...722#post592722

Aside from these negatives, get in there and hunt down those cheap deals. It will be worth it in the long run

I dont understand you bobbiemenzies..

You cry loud and foul about agents ripping off "poor-old-desperate-sellers" by selling their houses for peanuts and hence manipulating the market but yet keep writing posts about wanting to buy such 'cheapies' and for others to let you know where they are because you will be ready to pounce on them..

Make up your mind... You cant chase with the hounds and run with the hares at the same time..!

Either quietly find any and all great deals (as we all do) without non stop barrage of criticism or dont profit from these sharks ripping off poor souls.

Harris

shame shame shame

:mad:
I dont understand you bobbiemenzies..sharks ripping off poor souls. Harris

It's easy Harris. I love making money. But not at any price, I have a sense of ethics (do you?).

I don't like it when elderly or uninformed people are ripped off in the style of the videoclip I posted above. Please view it - you'd learn a lot. I went to some trouble to post it so others would learn from it.

So yes, I love a bargain. Maybe someone who has been transferred to another city and needs to sell in a hurry might just be my cuppa tea.

But NOT some elderly granny who is conned by some slick agent who tells her that the world economic crisis is going to cause her house value to halve so she had better sell now.

Got a sense of ethics mate? I do.

Lets hope nothing like what happened to those people in the video happens to someone vulnerable in YOUR family.

You go hunting with the hares, hounds and sharks Harris. Thats the dog-eat-dog society in which you clearly belong! Happy investing. I'm sure you will make a lot of money with your kind of thinking.. Maybe a few of the crooked local real estate agents you are crawling up to will give you a friendly helping hand along the way. To come to think of it, I reckon you'd do very well as a real estate agent yourself - you sure have the right attitude for it.

Back