seaford vic gaining?

i hear its called the paris end...why is that? can someone explain?

The 'paris end' of a street/suburb is supposed to mean the 'good end' for some reason - possibly to do with a belief that European art/culture/design/architecture/cooking is supposed to carry some prestige that Anglo Saxon or American stuff doesn't.

It also ignores the fact that Paris has its fair share of bleak high-rise estates that most visitors don't visit, so, like Sydney, the postcard or tourist view is very different from the one many residents experience.

Seems to be lot more stock that has come onto the market at the moment than has been for a long time possibly years in fact, prices are still holding high though.

Good opportunities for those looking to get into beachside now that there are good levels of listings.

Most stock is being sold quickly if not priced to high.

Once again more down graders from the richer end of town now deciding to settle in beachside Seaford.

Just yesterday i here the irish are considering to increase the value added tax to 24%....wow now that would really hurt..ouch!

Does anyone else here have any examples of buyers purchasing in Seaford as a holiday home?

Apartment residents in the CBD possibly considering Seaford as a cheap bayside area to purchase a weekender holiday home ?

Not sure if this area could be marketed as such?

Does anyone else here have any examples of buyers purchasing in Seaford as a holiday home? Apartment residents in the CBD possibly considering Seaford as a cheap bayside area to purchase a weekender holiday home ?

A fair number of retirees are moving to Seaford and near beachside Frankston. I expect this trend to continue as redevelopment/gentrification takes place.

Lots of builders, developers & investors are chasing older homes on development sized blocks ie. 600sqm+

Oh dear, I can just see Sam Newman from the footy show targetting those around Seaford and Franga's on "Street Talk". The sort of publicity these areas don't need!

There is definitely a feeling that the St Kilda development in the Belvedeire (sp) area of Seaford is going to make a huge difference to the area. This, in combination with the eastlink entrance, has the ingredients of a real boom in the area.

There is definitely a feeling that the St Kilda development in the Belvedeire (sp) area of Seaford is going to make a huge difference to the area. This, in combination with the eastlink entrance, has the ingredients of a real boom in the area.

I agree, I think the smart money will be looking at the section of Frankston North directly across from Belvedere Shops. It's no different to the Seaford side, properties still available around $300k.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-seaford-107028515
here is the link!
any suggestions appreciated!
Cheers
Seaford Sunshine

This would have to be at the lower end of the price range in Seaford & perhaps the cheapest land that is beachside between
Seaford and Melbourne
Not sure of you're proposed usage of this property as its value of 190k per unit site.
Sounds really cheap however this is a very average area of Seaford.
Not any upmarket homes in that area a lot of flats and is near the factory car lot area, not many shops just a milk bar is near kananook station and primary school.
Even at the asking price i find it very unatractive and a difficult proposition to make any positive gain from.
I know some who even call this area the *rse end of Seaford however is its near a very nice beach.
in this market it is very very difficult to find a low priced property so close to the beach.
if you drive up to the nearby fortescue and kananook avenue you will find a better standard of property however it may be at least 100k more expensive.
a recent auction in fortescue avenue achieved 520k.
if you are interested in that area 8 fortescue avenue is on the market not sure on price though.
good luck

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-seaford-107028515
here is the link!
any suggestions appreciated!
Cheers
Seaford Sunshine

i have researched this more and the property is not very far at all from this recent auction, i can tell you there were quite a few bidders at this auction plus the 40+ onlookers
property in the lower price bracket sells very quickly as there are so many down graders out there at the moment.
and with talk of stamp duty reductions might put a little more heat on the lower end price bracket.

"seaford market still has some heat.

87 fortescue avenue seaford

quoted range 395/445k

sold at auction in spirited bidding at 520k

wonders never cease to amaze.

still quite a few people in this price range prepared to dish out that sort of money."

Does STCA mean the permits are already in place or that it is ripe for someone to come along & apply to Council?

STCA is sometimes quoted in the listings, however a word of caution SUBJECT TO COUNCIL APPROVAL is a phrase as such and cannot be assumed to be an APPROVAL as such the council will not approve every proposal.
Vendors statement could have a clause inserted by the buyer the purchase is subject to the council granting approval of any proposal.
This may be a clause to exit the purchase if such approval is not granted.
Caution is always the best method when STCA is quoted.
Why would anyone gamble on the STCA being granted as the condition of sale?

Anyone know the latest median price for Seaford? It appears as if the non-beachide part of Seaford is showing quite a bit of strength. Still a few cheapies to be found, but they are fewer and far between.

Back