seaford vic gaining?

the median is quite high i heard ...ahhhh i have just seen realestate.com.au - it says its over the million mark....ahhhhwhat????

haha if you look at past sales you will see the median price is exactly the sales price of brunel rd. According to the reiv the median is a more realistic 448k for december qtr, up from approx $412k for sept qtr.

Considering decent houses non beach side seem to be selling for around 400ish I would think median price beachside would be more like 500 at the moment, possible a bit more if a good house. Seaford is up and down though it will be interesting to see if it can consolidate in the march qtr.....

i have it that most beachside listings have been moved.
Plenty of upside yet with a large investor tipped to sell in OCTOBER? unsure of reason.

I can only see gains as under 500k is getting hardER to obtain in beachside.

i here a boarding house in fortescue tipped to go on market at 700k ish offering returns of 40k plus rooms rented at 220 per week plus outgoings.

Plenty of interest in that area of Seaford.

People see the area as a bit of a gem with the village & beach etc.

Developers & investors compete with owner wanting to reside.
This can push prices further.

haha if you look at past sales you will see the median price is exactly the sales price of brunel rd. According to the reiv the median is a more realistic 448k for december qtr, up from approx $412k for sept qtr.

Considering decent houses non beach side seem to be selling for around 400ish I would think median price beachside would be more like 500 at the moment, possible a bit more if a good house. Seaford is up and down though it will be interesting to see if it can consolidate in the march qtr.....

Hi Guys,

Seaford, beach side, northern side of Seaford road up to Carrum, houses sell for $440K - $460K for an old property on 600smq plus. I think this is worth $445k the owner is holding out for $460k at least
http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...operty-Details-buy-residential-2287699_S.html

right next door a sub division consisting of a 3 bed town house front and 2 bed villa rear http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-vic-seaford-107101219

Both are indicative of properties and prices in this section.

A family home, ie) reno'd or double storey on good land, just over $500K.
Newer 3 bedroom homes well fitted out just over the $500K mark. Most properties however are still sub $500K

Kanonook and Fortescue $500k plus unless older house on subdivided land

Seaford road to Brunel Road anything from $360K - $380K or up to $450K for a great family home usually on Austin Road, Centenary but rare to get up that high

Near Belevedere shops $360K - $400K tops
The triangle between Frankston Dandenong road and the feeway - all list for $360 - $400K I think they are worth no more than $360K - worst section for tenant quality, not near transport, no shops, closest to F north.

There is the odd higher sale here and there, the above is just the "norm".
I am watching prices closely, properties in the northern section closest to Carrum are now being listed $460K plus, that is a first for this section I will monitor sales results and report back if there has been increase. (I purchased well for $423,500 in this section, everything else was $460k at the time)

Interesting comment about the Lycra brigade. I recently spoke to council to see how far away a dedicated cycle lane along Nepean from Keast to Mile Bridge was. I've been assured it's on the priority agenda already but it doesn't sound like it will go through until Peninsula Link is finished. Short term though the Bay Trail will be extended from Patterson River to Frankston - great news for the Lycra brigade!

This made me think of the other benefits to Seaford and Frankston area once the bypass is completed. Thinking some of the vacant blocks being 'landbanked' along the Nepean Hwy in Seaford may be due to investors waiting for the bypass to reduce traffic and make the Nepean more like Beach Rd further north - and hence drive property price and demand for more exclusive housing up. Does this sound plausible?

Beachside area 8 Fortescue ave Seaford sold at around 481,500 nice home near everything.
Hard to believe that you can buy at these prices so close to beach.

A potential 3 unit site on a 995sq meter block, not beachside, was sold for $540,000 one day after being listed. Bought by a developer who will rent it out for a year or so before developing.

Hey, Ive just had a valuation, non beach side, near Belvedere for 400k to 420k. Not bad. I think its starting to hit an upper cycle. Wait to the footy season starts and interest with St Kilda Training around the area.

Btw, does anyone know whats being developed in the shopping strip of upper Austin rd??

New owners now asking 430 per week as rental WOW :confused:

Nearly like the days when whatever you paid in thousands you charged in hundreds per week as rent.

Example paid 500k got $500 per week as rent.:)

Beachside area 8 Fortescue ave Seaford sold at around 481,500 nice home near everything.
Hard to believe that you can buy at these prices so close to beach.

Interesting comments from Astute judges on here about Seaford.

Keep up the great comments Really helps prospective buyers find out more on the existing market.

Well Done

Hey, Ive just had a valuation, non beach side, near Belvedere for 400k to 420k. Not bad. I think its starting to hit an upper cycle. Wait to the footy season starts and interest with St Kilda Training around the area.

Btw, does anyone know whats being developed in the shopping strip of upper Austin rd??

Looked at this area at Austin Road last week

Interesting to see the shop development with residences above & built right back to the lane at the rear boundary.

Spoke to a local with a can of vb in hand & he was hoping for a tab to go in there to compliment the area?
Looks like a high density development of the available land area it was previously 2 shops with vacant land behind.

I think this area at Austin Road is still quite affordable however is not beachside of freeway, in these testing times at 100k less than beachside is a nice move to get into a quite tree lined street area at 400k ish i would imagine.

Interesting comment about the Lycra brigade. I recently spoke to council to see how far away a dedicated cycle lane along Nepean from Keast to Mile Bridge was. I've been assured it's on the priority agenda already but it doesn't sound like it will go through until Peninsula Link is finished. Short term though the Bay Trail will be extended from Patterson River to Frankston - great news for the Lycra brigade!

This made me think of the other benefits to Seaford and Frankston area once the bypass is completed. Thinking some of the vacant blocks being 'landbanked' along the Nepean Hwy in Seaford may be due to investors waiting for the bypass to reduce traffic and make the Nepean more like Beach Rd further north - and hence drive property price and demand for more exclusive housing up. Does this sound plausible?

interesting comments i to think there could be a push by the Lycra brigade
to move into the area of beachside Seaford in there pursuit of living the dream.
I know Seaford has always been promoted as beachside & agents are now looking to promote the Area as a bike riders paradise to capitalise on the Cashed up Lycra brigade pro's & even the sport minded fitness groups.

If ever there was a marketing idea i'm sure it could be capitalised upon as these groups are a very cashed up group of the community.

Interesting to see plenty of stock on the market, however is slow to move anything with the asking prices.
Plenty of agents sitting around Drinking latte slow times indeed!!

Another financial year over & wow the Seaford market is awash with many many properties nothing moving starting to see plenty of 300 to 350k coming on the market. At this rate come spring there will be plenty of unsold properties.

Time to get the paddle out were rowing down s**t creek with this loser government cant wait for an election.

Anyone have any idea when the tide may change? looking at gloomy times indeed.

I cant see any positives that will encourage the current property market so many disappointed & disillusioned vendors at the moment.

Plenty of people have missed the boat with a flood of property hitting the market in most suburbs.

Had a friend selling in Fairfield VIC was quoted 930/970k 12 months ago.

Went to Auction a few weeks ago & only 1 bid at 830k was passed in & agents comment was should have accepted 830k because will be worth less as each week goes bye!

Back