Sean Summerville The Property King

Hi Guys, I really don't spend much time on forums mainly because I am a family man with 2 young kids, a property investor, mentor and author. The question about property in say SEQ is great. The one main reason why we set up DistressedPropertyAustralia was for my Protege members to allow them to isolate the best deals. Currently we have 5,438 properties on the site. It is the only website in Australia that is updated with distressed property daily.
The deals I am concentrating on are properties 40%-60% below market average. The Hay NSW deal is a great example of that. I see too many people running off to the USA to buy cheap positively geared property when you can achieve the same results here.

The one thing I will try to leave you with is get as much knowledge in property as you possibly can. It is the number one thing people say they are lacking and why property investing scares them. Lay off the bagging out of other people. The most successful clients I have ever had are the ones that have done somebody else's mentoring course before they met me. 99% of all my Protege Members are experienced property investors who have done lots of different courses, owned or have owned a lot of property. These people work with me not because I am the flashiest speaker. It is because I am genuine. My Day started with client calls at 6.30am this morning and will finish about 9.30pm tonight. The rest of my day is taken up by the one thing that I love and have an absolute passion for and that is property. I was orphaned at the age of 14 and I lived in a tent. If I can do it, so can you.
As for me I am going to be spending the majority of my time investing in property next year. Guys I cant respond much to comments on this forum because I am so busy. Have a great day and God bless. Take care. Sean S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. The mods removed the link to the distressed property Australia link but I couldn't verify any deals as there was a $297 subscription fee to view. I wasn't really in the market for any deals currently but all I wanted was one or two recently completed past deals. I admit my intention was to use RP Data to confirm prices and more importantly comparatives.
I would prefer a deal where your organization either purchased or mentored the buyer.
Any chance of a few street addresses in SEQ?

Thanks for that. The mods removed the link to the distressed property Australia link but I couldn't verify any deals as there was a $297 subscription fee to view. I wasn't really in the market for any deals currently but all I wanted was one or two recently completed past deals. I admit my intention was to use RP Data to confirm prices and more importantly comparatives.
I would prefer a deal where your organization either purchased or mentored the buyer.
Any chance of a few street addresses in SEQ?

Come on cu - that's the $297 question. You won't have any idea whether it's worth paying the $297 until after you have paid it. The question is, do you feel lucky? :)

Or have Sean's statements above given you sufficient confidence to part with your $297? It could be the best money you ever spent or you could just end up $297 poorer.

Personally, I don't know Sean from a bar of soap and have no idea if anything he says is true, so I'm strongly inclined to keep my money.

Dont sign up for the site...

Hi, Sean Summerville here again. I didn't list the site here for you to sign up to. As a matter a fact it is a tool my Protege group use and I am happy to keep it that way. So dont sign up! Someone asked about the property I research and this is where I get some of them and this is where I do. But the best ones never go past my desk and wont go on to the website anyway. They are passed on to the Protege Members.

I am looking at doing a 'Deal of the Week or Deal of the Month' on the site.
We have 2 full time staff working on it and 5 part time. One of our Protege group members from Melbourne grabbed a property for a little over 85k (it needed a 5k reno to bring it up to scratch) in an area of over 200k.
The only reason I am on this forum is because someone asked about me and who I was, so I decided to reply.
Yes I do seminars but never more that 50 people. The reason for this is I can not get to know the people in the room and meet people one on one if I do a huge 300 room event.
I am happy to fill you in on what I am up to and recently had a great day with Felicity Heffernan (151 property transactions) and Mortgage Broker. Paul Dobson, Anthony Cordato and Bruce Whiting, co-author of Money Secrets of the Rich and invited my guys to catch up with them in Parramatta and Newcastle.
Remember, I am a property investor. It is a very lonely job and normally only hang-out with my close friends who are full time property investors. I didnt learn from the seminar scene. I came across Property options when I was working at Jupiters. All the builders would come in and tell me about securing property.
I am going to do a bootcamp and bus trip on the Gold Coast soon but have not opened it up to the public. I want to concentrate on Options and Second Mortgages and show the group a bunch of properties I did on the Coast.
One of my mentors had done 300 second mortgages by the year 2002. All unsecured. Others have done similar numbers and are still in the game but you will not find them as they have nothing to prove.
I started up the education side of the business because of the ridiculous hype and misinformation others Blabbed about.
The American Style presenters who would tell you to do deals on paper napkins in coffee shops or that you can buy Foreclosure property in Australia straight form the banks with out following due process. You still get them today. They use the Court system to find out what action has been launched by a bank against a curtain person. They then use RP Data to track the person down and then they try to get the property.
Problem with this is. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO THIS but using government issued information in some states. SO DON'T DO IT!!!!!
The next one is RP Data does not let you use their website to directly market to any person! These people made me cringe. I shudder at the damage they have done.

I also spent many tens of thousands of dollars studying in the USA. It was at a place called the Advanced Coaching and Leadership Centre in Dallas Texas. It was under a fellow called Alan Walter. It is the same place Blair Singer and Robert studied. Just before Alan passed away he did a special course for Blair's Sales Dogs team on selling.
It was there I met a lady called Karen Mcreedy. Karen was the Co-Author and ghost writer for Sales Dogs by Blair Singer and it was done for the Rich Dad series.
Karen helped me pen ; "I Buy Property for One Dollar" back in 2005.
I will keep you up to date with what I am up to. Opps Daddy duty now. I am off to wash the Guinea Pigs with the kids and Dianne. If you are in the Business of property you must have balance.
Happy Investing,
Sean Summerville

Hard to keep out of the forum isn't it Sean. You'll end up one of us ...

How did you end up in here? Googled yourself? :)

This place works best when people give freely. Market yourself by helping others.

Cheers and welcome,

Sean Summerville here,

As far as The Property King. It was one of those nicknames that I was given to me years ago. I was running late for a meeting with some investors. There was a barrister, real estate agent, broker and 4 other property investors. When I rushed into the room late one of them said, 'here he is the no cash down property king of Australia'..we all laughed but that was about 10 years ago. I guess the nickname stuck. It could have been worse, they could have said here is the guy with the smelly socks?lol.

For those that Know You Can..Happy investing

Sean S.

There is a joke thread that's been going for a few years now..you would want to stop running around like that you may end up with a heart attack..
http://somersoft.com/forums/index.php

Giving back and Charity...

Hey Simon, to answer your question I am on the forum because one of my Protege members said it is a great forum. One of the ladies in my group contributes and she said it was about time I replied to people who are asking about me. My group keep me up to date with anything I have to address.

She does medium sized developments and has a website with an e-book and donates all the funds from the sale of her E-book to Kiva.
Micro-lending is a great thing. What I find amazing is many micro-lenders lend 99% of all monies to woman. The men drink it away if it is given to them.
Giving back is a great thing...
It was once said to me by 2 very, very wealthy people. "The years I give the most are the years I make the most amount of money'.

This is why I am developing a property App that is going to be free or $1.99c. ALL the funds from the sale of this App are going to be given to charity. We have a few Charities in mind. Supporting Abused Woman and Children and their families is high on the list. Giving Pistorius another 50 years would have been another good start but nothing I can do about that!
Also my books are no longer going to be free. They will be sold with ALL monies going to charity.
Next year is going to be a big giving year. No more little games with little people.
This is the most exciting thing I have been involved with years.
Have a great day/night,
Sean

Hey Simon, to answer your question I am on the forum because one of my Protege members said it is a great forum. One of the ladies in my group contributes and she said it was about time I replied to people who are asking about me. My group keep me up to date with anything I have to address.

She does medium sized developments and has a website with an e-book and donates all the funds from the sale of her E-book to Kiva.
Micro-lending is a great thing. What I find amazing is many micro-lenders lend 99% of all monies to woman. The men drink it away if it is given to them.
Giving back is a great thing...
It was once said to me by 2 very, very wealthy people. "The years I give the most are the years I make the most amount of money'.

This is why I am developing a property App that is going to be free or $1.99c. ALL the funds from the sale of this App are going to be given to charity. We have a few Charities in mind. Supporting Abused Woman and Children and their families is high on the list. Giving Pistorius another 50 years would have been another good start but nothing I can do about that!
Also my books are no longer going to be free. They will be sold with ALL monies going to charity.
Next year is going to be a big giving year. No more little games with little people.This is the most exciting thing I have been involved with years.
Have a great day/night,
Sean

Please remember us small people.

You indicated that some of your students use options. Every option I have seen, bar two, has been a smooth talking agent / yuppie stitching up a couple of oldies un uncommercial/predatory terms.

Do you take blank option documents to every prospect or do you send them to get their own legal advice?

Any chance of a street address of a deal you've settled in the last 6 months in SEQ?

Reactions: S.T
No Money Upfront Reno Indooroopilly. Brisbane

Chris, this is one that was done and settled about 3 weeks ago. It is from Jeanne from my Protege group. We have done about 6 JVs together and this is one deal she just completed. I use options with the owners as well for no money upfront reno's. The paper work comes from me and allows the owner to do a deal where they make a lot more money, hence a win win for everyone.

Check out this great No Money Upfront Reno with a $60,000 Profit...
Jeanne made a cool $60,000 in a few weeks using No Money Down Renovating Strategies

I just tried to upload before and afters but not sure how to so dont know if it worked. But just get the idea for the moment...
Jeanne works with the owners for a win - win situation! The approximate rough figures are below...Look at the numbers on this Brisbane property deal by other Protege member, Jeanne.
Agreed Price- $410,000 | Reno Cost - $30,000 | Sold for - $570,000
Profit - $60,000
Yep Jeanne made $60,000 from a property that had been sitting on the market for months. Nobody wanted this property until Jeanne fixed a major problem that was holding it back. Now the best part is Jeanne didn't even have to buy the property. She simply solved the owners problem by working with them.

So the benefits...

? No initial up front cash to purchase the house.
? No Bank needed.
? No Stamp duty.
? Costs like Stamp Duty, Mortgagee Insurance, Bank fees and Charges were already paid by the original owners.
? Control of the property from day one.
? You have a budget and time frame in place.
? Others will want you to renovate their properties the same way.
? You can now pick up More Property by showing others what they have done.
? Minimal renovation costs.

I will expand later...
Happy investing,
Sean S.

PS. I have tones more before and after pics but have to grab them from the camera. But will update them later...

Attachments

• JeanneBeforeAfter.JPG
    JeanneBeforeAfter.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 223
Profit - $60,000

? No Bank needed.
? No Stamp duty.
? Costs like Stamp Duty, Mortgagee Insurance, Bank fees and Charges were already paid by the original owners.

Sounds all so simple to someone just starting out,i would be very interested to know what the problem was that "Jeanne" sorted out
but just one simple question depending on the legal set up how much was left of the 60k after everyone from the ATO all the way down the food chain ?..

60k profit then what?

Ummm my name is Sean Summerville... The property king is the website and came almost 15 years ago now and it was a joke from friends that stuck because of the no money down deals I was doing. No one was doing them back then. The explanation is above in the thread.
come along...You might just learn something...anyway...please drop the negativity. If you are doing deals like this then please have your say.

The 60k was profit for Jeanne. Everyone is going to pay tax. I guess you have to look at structures so get a good accountant and financial adviser.

The beauty of this deal is You didn't have to buy the house...you just have to control it...

Keep the questions coming about the deal please. I have been asked to contribute to the site so I intend to help those who want to learn some new skills...
Have a great day,
Sean S.

Business is business.
Some is more creative and rewarding than others.
Negotiation and sales skills required.

That's right Ace, business is business, you need sales and marketing
How you win business is your ability to perform such tasks, and winning over your target audience/market

Ummm my name is Sean Summerville... The property king is the website and came almost 15 years ago now and it was a joke from friends that stuck because of the no money down deals I was doing. No one was doing them back then. The explanation is above in the thread.
come along...You might just learn something...anyway...please drop the negativity. If you are doing deals like this then please have your say.

You may see it as negativity,but success is partly a lottery you have the so called winner takes all,then you have the ones that no one ever reads about that end up in the investment cemetery..

Chris, this is one that was done and settled about 3 weeks ago. It is from Jeanne from my Protege group. We have done about 6 JVs together and this is one deal she just completed. I use options with the owners as well for no money upfront reno's. The paper work comes from me and allows the owner to do a deal where they make a lot more money, hence a win win for everyone.

Check out this great No Money Upfront Reno with a $60,000 Profit...
Jeanne made a cool $60,000 in a few weeks using No Money Down Renovating Strategies

I just tried to upload before and afters but not sure how to so dont know if it worked. But just get the idea for the moment...
Jeanne works with the owners for a win - win situation! The approximate rough figures are below...Look at the numbers on this Brisbane property deal by other Protege member, Jeanne.
Profit - $60,000 Yep Jeanne made $60,000 from a property that had been sitting on the market for months. Nobody wanted this property until Jeanne fixed a major problem that was holding it back. Now the best part is Jeanne didn't even have to buy the property. She simply solved the owners problem by working with them.

So the benefits...

? No Bank needed.
? No Stamp duty.

I will expand later...
Happy investing,
Sean S.

PS. I have tones more before and after pics but have to grab them from the camera. But will update them later...

Righto - I see where you are coming from. Let me clarify a few points:
How do you reach an agreed price? If I were to be cynical I could say you would always get a profit if you can get the owners to agree to a lower agreed price as a starting point.

Profit of 60k. Assuming a 570 sale price, less agent's fees of say $16.5K and 30k renos and 410k agreed price leaves a net pool of 113.5 k which if split evenly between owner and entrepreneur would mean 56.75k. Are these figures correct or am I missing something?

What if the house sells for less than $410k? Do owners still pay for the renos?

What timeframe do the owners have to sell in?

Who pays for the tradies 30k while we are waiting for the sale?

How do you "control" the property from the outset? What if the owner says "thanks for the renos but I'm not selling?"

And, importantly if you want to build cred on this forum, what was the big problem and how was it fixed?

Smells exactly like Reno Funders proposed concept who posted his proposal on this forum about 2 years back, any connection possibly?

The structure could work well, but the legals could be messy and complicated.

Back