Search engines / writing your own search address

The search engines on RE.com and Domain are near useless. I watched a video on Investar's search engine which seems great .... but not sure how they extract the info more accurately from each of those sites than the site can itself :confused: (perhaps on closer examination it might pick up the same properties as the sites do) If you use the two main sites regularly you know what I mean on price brackets alone!!! Using keyword searches is almost as useless, and you can't add more than one at a time - they do not search for "any" of the words or phrases, only "all" the words or phrases

Other than subscribe to Investar etc etc, does anyone know a better way to search properties other than the main sites search engines. (I hope search engine is the correct term). In the past some people on the forum have tweaked search addresses from the main sites to add their own criteria. I do the minor tweaking sometimes when it is obvious what to change, but does anyone cluey know how to write your own search criteria address, or a search site that can be very finely tuned.

I hope you understand what I mean!!! :)

If you're looking for phrases and keywords then the best method would be to just use google. You can limit your search to a particular site by using "site:www.Domain.com.au" at the start of your search term. Creating a new engine to search particular websites wouldn't be a simple task if your background isn't data/algorithms/programming.

If you are looking for the ability to filter based on certain criteria and meta data then a suggest looking at a tool like REI. While a free lunch is always great, I don't mind paying for a fantastic meal ;-)

Back