Searches and Certificates

The conveyancer have sent us a contract regarding their handling of our property purchase. It includes a list of searches and certificates for us to choose which ones we want.

Aside from Building and Pest, there are a 13 other options I had never heard of before. They range from $18 to $125 each.

They are from: Council Outstanding Health Notices, Integral Energy, RTA, AGL, Energy Aus, Transgrid, SRA, Education Dept, Dept of Water and Energy, Soil Conservation, NSW Heritage Office, Mine Subsidence Board and Rural Lands Protection Board.

The property we are acquiring is in a rural suburb on the outskirts of Sydney.

Is it pretty standard these days to get any or all of these extra searches done?

Thanks!

Aside from Building and Pest, there are a 13 other options I had never heard of before. They range from $18 to $125 each.
Is it pretty standard these days to get any or all of these extra searches done?
Yes, I get offered the same from my solicitor everytime I purchase too. My response has been to him "Just do the searches that the lender wants", otherwise I end up paying a fortune for searches that I'm not particularly interested in.
However, If YOU have a particular interest - then by all means get it/them done. i.e. If you want to know if you are under a proposed flight path etc.

Back