Searching for property?

Hi members..

Just querying the way I search for deals and wanted to ask other members how they go about sourcing deals..

I have a number of resources I use but constantly looking to refine my methods.

I know there are a lot of deals which do not even hit the internet (Mr Birch would testify to that), however we all still have our way of doing things..

On a side note, does realestate.com.au pick up most listings in your opinion?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Hi members..

I know there are a lot of deals which do not even hit the internet (Mr Birch would testify to that), however we all still have our way of doing things..

Would you mind to share your ways of doing things? Any tips?
You're saying you have number of resources and methods so you better share them if you expect others to share their methods with you :)

Hi members..

Would you mind to share your ways of doing things? Any tips?
You're saying you have number of resources and methods so you better share them if you expect others to share their methods with you :)

I think it's a case of the apprentice looking to learn from the masters...

But I do love a question being answered with a question lol!!

I'm going to disappoint you. Everything I have bought has been listed on realestate.com.au (it's used more than domain.com.au in Perth)

and cos I can, here's a picture of my grey ghost

1535377_10151850262230544_678953755_n.jpg

Awe....cute! :D

Skater you have a Weim! That's awesome..
Our weim Kai/kaiser is 3 in July but still as testing as the day we got him..
Currently negotiating a spot on the couch with him as I write this..
(Look away folks, no crazy dog person here haha)..

Westminster you have a Weim! That's awesome..
Our weim Kai/kaiser is 3 in July but still as testing as the day we got him..
Currently negotiating a spot on the couch with him as I write this..
(Look away folks, no crazy dog person here haha)..

Fixed it for you.:D

My g/f wants a weim! Think its the only reason she is considering we get a PPoR over where we rent on the water, her other love, I come in somewhere around #5.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread....

Grey Ghost- heard of the saying-show me yours and I'll show you mine?

You want others to help you but you are not willing to share! I'm sure youl'll get inundated with responses. ;)

I had a weim as a child and want to get another one however with my wife's childhood dream to own two sausage dog and just starting a family it isn't the best.

In the future when our 'beasts' leave us we have agreed to get a weim as I still love them.

So for now I just get their calendar each year haha

My g/f wants a weim! Think its the only reason she is considering we get a PPoR over where we rent on the water, her other love, I come in somewhere around #5.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread....

Weims come with a warning...
5 Star energy rating..
Plus brains = more damage to your PPR than any terrible tenant could do haha...

No but in all seriousness I wouldn't recommend getting a Weim unless you are prepared to put in serious time with it and have it as an inside (on its mat) dog, they are very demanding also.. Very intense living with one..

They are known as the dog with the human brain, give so much back and look amazing but time and time again I see 18mnth old Weims on Gumtree due to people not being able to handle/care for them..

But in saying all this we are on the waiting list for our 2nd one now. My girlfriend has picked the name out already (crazier than me haha)...

By all means if you wish to know more or want advice and recommendations on breeders please PM me..

P.S Skater - I had cats all my life and if it was up to me would have 6 haha, my girlfriend is allergic.. But Im a tragic for a feline friend....

Maybe I should move this thread to the coffee lounge section lol...

Thanks Greyghost, I might take you up on that when we get a PPoR, see how long that takes.

Other options are a Vizsla or German SHP - which are popular where we live. I'm not fussed as to which of the three, they are all demanding animals.

I still don't have any special tips on finding properties, tbh, I start with SS. See what recommendations are going here, make a list of areas that might meet my criteria and go from there! I'm fairly new to this whole investment game so we shall see where I am at in the next five or ten years. Contacts and advice I have gained so far have definitely started me in the right direction.

Oh whoops I have totally derailed your thread :)

Ziva is 3 and our sprinkler system is now safe - well actually there is none left :rolleyes: She is smart as a whip - we joined the Wei Club and they are brilliant with helping train for free so your super smart dog doesn't turn into a nuisance

When we move to our new PPOR we'll look at fostering a rescue Wei.

Grey Ghost- heard of the saying-show me yours and I'll show you mine?

You want others to help you but you are not willing to share! I'm sure youl'll get inundated with responses. ;)

Sure.

Should I have titled the thread:
"please critique my search methods and provide input where you see fit"?

By the way Im more than happy to step through my primitive processes! lol..

Travelbug have you heard of the saying: don't give something expecting to get something in return :cool:

Oh whoops I have totally derailed your thread :)

Ziva is 3 and our sprinkler system is now safe - well actually there is none left :rolleyes: She is smart as a whip - we joined the Wei Club and they are brilliant with helping train for free so your super smart dog doesn't turn into a nuisance

When we move to our new PPOR we'll look at fostering a rescue Wei.

God stuff. I have seen plenty of rescue GSP's, but not Weims...

I had a weim as a child and want to get another one however with my wife's childhood dream to own two sausage dog and just starting a family it isn't the best.

In the future when our 'beasts' leave us we have agreed to get a weim as I still love them.

So for now I just get their calendar each year haha

By best mate has 2 sausage dogs, they are great, however he is constantly taking them to the vet with issues. Back problems mainly.

Back