second hand shop in brisbane

Does anyone know any good 2nd tools shop in brisbane.

Doing a diy laminate install. My shopping list is as follows

Removing Tiles

- knee pads
- masks
- safety glass*
- Tile chisel*
- hammer
- rotary hammer with chisel head ( if tile is hard to remove)
- long handle grout remover*
- spirit level
- angle grinder to remove tile grout*
- hard box to discard tiles and debris

Preparing floor*( maybe, if floor is bad)

- grinder with diamond head to remove grout
- primer *
- latex self levelling compound *rapid dry or any similar compound ( work out bags required)
- 3 heavy duty buckets
- power drill
- spiral mixer*
- spreader*

Laminate

- laminate install kit
- drop saw*
- dry eraser marker
- under cut saw*
- flooring trim, colour matched to laminate
- threshold bar ( joining bathroom to laminate )

Small items like knee pads, hammer, chisel: too cheap to bother buying second hand (or for people to bother selling) so buy these new from your local discount hardware warehouse.

Larger power tools like drop saw, demolition hammer: you might get something on eBay or your local pawn shop but the prices are not generally cheap taking into account the risk involved with buying a faulty or worn-out item. However, these are now <$300 each for reasonably good DIY-grade at your local discount hardware warehouse. (Commercial quality stuff is more than double that cost, but since you'll only be doing this once or twice the cheap stuff is more than good enough.)

Otherwise, hire big tools by the day: but note that a couple of days hire is usually more than the cost of a new cheap tool.

I just furnished building a new gate and renovating and existing fence, and got really tired of breaking up concrete in post holes with a hammer and chisel and mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow. So I got a big demolition hammer from Bunnings for $297 and an electric concrete mixer from Masters for $298. I now use the hammer to cut roots and break up clay as well as break concrete and brick.

Back