secrecy

Originally posted by brains
"i just picked up a great deal at so & so area, its a hot spot, have a look up there guys" I never see that sort of stuff on here and was wondering why.

So what makes an area "hot" ?

Originally posted by Castle
Therefore why not share specifics in regards to where and why to buy.

Because "where" is a moving target - what worked in the past is not necessarily going to work again in the future. It is also dependent on where you are at, what your goals are, what your financial position is, what the vendors of a particular property are willing to do, etc etc.

Most people will find it more valueable to learn "how" to buy - how to identify those areas which are going to be good to invest in, how to identify a potentially good investment, how to look for a motivated vendor. It is this stuff that I was referring to earlier that Jan and Paul have outlined in their books - how to identify an area which is good.

Telling someone to stick their fishing rod in the water from this rock isn't going to get them very far in the long term - explaining how to identify which rocks would be good spots to try fishing from is going to get them much further.

G'day all,

Thankyou Michael Croft, you just told the newbees the type of location we were mentioning. Now the newbees can grab their
street directories and figure out how you do it.
Never give an area before the auction.
If you ask anyone on this forum where did you buy an investment property? Most will tell you. I asked Jude H. about her three investments in one year in Melbourne. Jude appeared on TVs A Current Affair programme. Jude told us all, on the forum.
I don't know Melbourne suburbs that well, so I got out the UBD
and had a sticky. Didn't do me any good, except I now know. some of us folk "need to know".
I'm going to the Sunshine Coast in February for a holiday, but I'm also looking for beach side investments.
Someone I struck along the way, mentioned the suburbs of Mudjimba and Marcoola.
I don't know anything about these suburbs, though I will before
I put my hand into my pocket. If I do.
This is what I think this forum is all about.
INFORMATION. And It's great!!!!

Bruce G.

I think this controversial cow has been milked to exhaustion and therefore it might be prudent to let it die a natural death.

Just a couple of points first :

Id like to thank all contributors, positive & negative, for forwarding their point of view, controversial or otherwise.

Being controversial has never worried me as has asking the "hard" questions, so there might be a couple more in the future........oh no!!!

I find this type of debate stimulating, entertaining and educational
and maybe we can all benefit from the open & honest posts in resonse to my question.

The true meaning of my question got a bit skewed and it turned into a personal thing (apologies Michael, Sim), i think either i didnt ask the question succintly enough or emotion got the better of the respondents, or both.

I have been investing in property for only 7 months and i am exchanging contracts (NSW) on my 6th IP in that time today and will reach my goal of 10 in my first year and 10 per year for the next 3 years.

The point i am making here is that i dont need to pick peoples brains as to the exact location of their IPs or their net worth or whatever. It just might have come across that way.

I have always thought the business world was secretive, I still believe the IP world is more so, but if thats the nature of the beast, so be it, i can live with that.

If i can assist anyone (especially newbies, cause im no IP guru) with specific details or whatever and if they can benefit from that , i will.

Anyway, im off to Byron Bay for a couple of weeks on Sunday so id like to wish everyone on the forum a merry christmas and a safe & prosperous new year.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
She has gone fishing , in a different pond.

She welcomes people into her pond. Some people have a look in and because they don't see an instant answer move on looking for a different pond with instant answers and prepackaged fish .

There are a group who go to her pond an a regular basis and are meeting likeminded people and are gradually building up networks of people who will travel with them on their way to catching bigger and bigger fish.

Somedays there's nothing to catch and it's quiet , or maybe things arn't as organised as they could be ( someone left the bait at home ...)

but sooner or later there are fish to catch..

and people who tell you where to fish.....

see change

Originally posted by see_change
She has gone fishing , in a different pond.

She welcomes people into her pond. Some people have a look in and because they don't see an instant answer move on looking for a different pond with instant answers and prepackaged fish .

There are a group who go to her pond an a regular basis and are meeting likeminded people and are gradually building up networks of people who will travel with them on their way to catching bigger and bigger fish.

Somedays there's nothing to catch and it's quiet , or maybe things arn't as organised as they could be ( someone left the bait at home ...)

but sooner or later there are fish to catch..

and people who tell you where to fish.....

see change

Hi See Change

It's been a long time since I've read a quality post like this. It's magnificently written and greatly explanitory.

I have forwarded the post to The Wife for her to have a read.

Cheers
Robert

Back