Secret harbour , Western Australia

It's not an area that I have looked at but what were you thinking?

House? Villa? Build? Price? Value? Rental returns? Hold? Flip? Strategy?

House. Investment property. High rental return. Can buy close to ocean!

Hi bnicklin
I have property nearby.

My thoughts on Secret Harbour - its a nice family area, and I guess the key attraction is the beach and for golf lovers the golf course. Unfortunately like many of the newer estates Secret Harbour does not have much in the way of amenties.

As far as rents go I would say yields somewhere between 5-6%, this is a guestimate based on properties in neighbouring areas.

Unfortunately when the market crashed in late 2006 the southern corridor got hammered, oversupply of properties. I still don't believe it has fully recovered. Investors still hanging on to stock they can not sell because values have dropped significantly.

One saving grace has been the increase in rents, but I guess this has been the case in Perth generally.

This is what I think, if it is purely as a principal property then fine, however I would also consider looking at surrounding areas ie Golden Bay, Madora Bay, Singleton, Port Kennedy and parts of Rockingham which are close to the beach. Proximity to rail, intrastructure ie shops, good schools etc are very important and of course regardless of which area the closer to the beach the better.

What is your price range?

Cheers, MTR

Last edited:
Back