Secret property sale

what sort of "sinister" reasons do you think he might have?

As this is a totally new scenario for me, I naturally thought of the worst and maybe the illogical / irrational. So please don't laugh.

My neighbour created the subdivision, did the renovations on my house and sold it to me. I just wonder whether there is any illegitimacy in my land title, whether when he sells his property - that mine may be sold as well unbeknownst to me. I have heard stories wherein people's houses are sold without them knowing about it until the new owners turned up at their front door. These thoughts cross my mind but I am not sure how to address the issue rationally.

It's pretty clear what is going on here.

When he did the subdivision to cut off the place u bought he couldn't get $$ from a bank so borrowed funds from Russian Mafia, u screwed him down on price and with the high rates they charge he didn't have enough to pay them back.

So after they threatened to blow up his house he came up with plan A and Plan B,

Plan A -sell quietly and skip town, maybe pay back maybe not

Plan B - After bumping into a friendly Russian at the hardware store while buying supplies he realized they knew his street number but not if he was front or back house so he figured they would be looking for a well trimmed lawn and a freshly painted house.......

lets hope for your sake plan A comes off!

Quite simple really can't see how you missed it.

It's pretty clear what is going on here.

When he did the subdivision to cut off the place u bought he couldn't get $$ from a bank so borrowed funds from Russian Mafia, u screwed him down on price and with the high rates they charge he didn't have enough to pay them back.

So after they threatened to blow up his house he came up with plan A and Plan B,

Plan A -sell quietly and skip town, maybe pay back maybe not

Plan B - After bumping into a friendly Russian at the hardware store while buying supplies he realized they knew his street number but not if he was front or back house so he figured they would be looking for a well trimmed lawn and a freshly painted house.......

lets hope for your sake plan A comes off!

Quite simple really can't see how you missed it.

I like it :)

I have only read the first page but selling a home privatly is a good way to sell in my opinion for several reasons, they include:

• if the house does not sell or takes time then you don't lose face
  • You don't get people knocking on your door asking to view the property
  • If the home does not sell then in future years if you try to sell it again then less people will know that it did not sell previously
  • You won't unset your neighbours (in theory) :)
  • many other reasons......

I have heard stories wherein people's houses are sold without them knowing about it until the new owners turned up at their front door. These thoughts cross my mind but I am not sure how to address the issue rationally.
Maybe just get a plumbing plan from your local council,it will have a overlay in the plan that outline what you and the person next to you control,very very simple,but one have thought from day one when you bought the property you knew what was what,what are people that scared these days to ask the question for fear of some legal letter in the mail

You mean you didn't check that there was an approved subdivision when you bought the land?

And, I'm sorry, but, it is his house, his economic affairs, his life.

Why should he have any obligation to tell you, especially when, well, you seem like a bit of a busybody.

As this is a totally new scenario for me, I naturally thought of the worst and maybe the illogical / irrational. So please don't laugh.

My neighbour created the subdivision, did the renovations on my house and sold it to me. I just wonder whether there is any illegitimacy in my land title, whether when he sells his property - that mine may be sold as well unbeknownst to me. I have heard stories wherein people's houses are sold without them knowing about it until the new owners turned up at their front door. These thoughts cross my mind but I am not sure how to address the issue rationally.

If this is your real issue, then contact the solicitor who handled the purchase for you to put your mind at rest. Clearly this is bothering you, so even if it costs a few $$$ it will be worth it for peace of mind.

Or a quick call to the local council should give you the reassurance you seek.
Marg

you worry too much china.

all these a normal stuff that happens in the property game

sales like this could be he just wants to see how the market is going without over advertising his property.

it's just an individual trying to make a sale - i'm sure you have better profit making activities in your mind than to worry abt your neighbour.

I guess you will never find out the true story.

but from your side there is nothing need to be worry as far as I concern.

you got the house the title is under your name.

maybe the neigbour just have domestic issue ( marriage break up, they need money......)

so don't worry too much

maybe also ask them to re-carpet, change the roof tile, update the kitchen and bathroom for you. see what he say.

maybe he will do all that for free for you : )

it's just part of package you bought initially but you may not even realised ! :)

Personally i'd just ask the owner,IF that is out of the question.
Why not get a mate to inquire about the prop?
Might get to the underbelly,IF any...

if you dont ask HIM you wont know
personally if i was you and wanted to know just say i heard its for sale, and that you may be interested in it... ask him why if you want , he may even just tell you once you get the convo going he might tell you everything

Hilarious....China!

Your paranonia is funny indeed!

Having said that ....you just need to be sure that the common driveway is indeed that and that you continue to have access.

Other than that just play along with the charade.

Maybe you should do research on how to be on of the 20% of Australians who have more than $2.4m in assets. ;)

I must say that I did not object to him painting the house. I mean why reject a generous freebie - in fact, I look forward to him doing more free maintenance whilst he is selling his property.

I thought about speaking to him directly but did not want to poke a hole in the charade as clearly he does not wish for me to know and does not think that I know. I can't see how disrupting the charade will help our relationship when he clearly has reasons, unknown to me, as to not wanting me to know that he is selling.

Hilarious....China!

Your paranonia is funny indeed!

Having said that ....you just need to be sure that the common driveway is indeed that and that you continue to have access.

Other than that just play along with the charade.

Maybe you should do research on how to be on of the 20% of Australians who have more than $2.4m in assets. ;)

Happy to see that my paranoia is of some entertainment value. I think I will make enquiries with my original conveyancer and keep you guys informed.

china, what would be worse? someone selling their house withour your permission or someone not having private health insurance?

if you only had one bullet who would you shoot?

Back