Secret property sale

Do you think waterfront properties are heading for a stagnation in terms of price over the next decade?
no ya silly billy, 'twas attempted humour,
global warming;
ocean rising;
sees a stagnation in terms of being under water, get out now avoid the rush :p

Waterfront, you said?

Global warming.

He's selling now on the quiet to beat the rush.
Is it actually at sea level though ? Some people with sea level properties are selling, I did, & didn't want to make known the reason I was selling. Eventually there will be a rush, could be a while off though.

Hi China, I would suggest that you check with the titles office to make sure everything is ok if you are really worried about it, and you seem to be. It's not paranoia, strange things can happen.

When we moved into our PPOR three years ago our local council had property owners names listed on PDOnline along with all the other relevant details of the property. After a couple of months I happened to look our property up, purely for curiosity value, and noticed that our name didn't appear as the owners. We chased it up and the title hadn't been lodged with the titles office. The conveyancer (who I believe no longer works for the company) had chucked it in a drawer and appeared to have forgotten about it. The excuse was that we hadn't paid one last bill to have the title registered, a bill that we never received. We never received any reminders either, uumhh.

Our local council no longer lists owners names on their website and I can't help but wonder how long it would have taken for us to find out about this (if ever) if we were buying today.

Hi China, I would suggest that you check with the titles office to make sure everything is ok if you are really worried about it, and you seem to be. It's not paranoia, strange things can happen.

When we moved into our PPOR three years ago our local council had property owners names listed on PDOnline along with all the other relevant details of the property. After a couple of months I happened to look our property up, purely for curiosity value, and noticed that our name didn't appear as the owners. We chased it up and the title hadn't been lodged with the titles office. The conveyancer (who I believe no longer works for the company) had chucked it in a drawer and appeared to have forgotten about it. The excuse was that we hadn't paid one last bill to have the title registered, a bill that we never received. We never received any reminders either, uumhh.

Our local council no longer lists owners names on their website and I can't help but wonder how long it would have taken for us to find out about this (if ever) if we were buying today.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I wonder what is the nsw equivalent of PDOnline. I will chase this up.

Just wondering China,what happened with the property??..

The titles to my property seem all right according to my original conveyancer. Yet, I am still in the dark as to what is happening with the property as the neighbours are not giving anything away. We still wave and say hello as per usual. I guess one day I will just see them driving away and removalist vans pulling up.

The titles to my property seem all right according to my original conveyancer. Yet, I am still in the dark as to what is happening with the property as the neighbours are not giving anything away. We still wave and say hello as per usual. I guess one day I will just see them driving away and removalist vans pulling up.
The less you have to worry about,.

Don't worry about it ... he will have his reason which are, honestly, none of your business.

As long as everything is right for your property then worry is a waste of energy - and assumptions are generally wrong

I would just ask him straight out, oh I see your house is up for sale. watch his face turn white or red and see what he says from there.
There will be a reason why he has not told you or put a sign up.
Why don't you call the agent that has it listed and ask

I wouldn't worry about it.
Just say to him casually "oh, i see you're selling your house, i hope you get a good price for it because it'll also affect the value of my property so good luck with it".
Then see how he responds and if he's open about it or evasive.
If he asks how you found out it was for sale, tell him the truth.

Let me take a stab at this one:

1. The owner wants to become a doctor so that he can purchase an E Class Merc, but is concerned about the level of cancelled shifts at private hospitals so needs to free up some cash first;
  2. He has had enough of his nosey neighbour who won't maintain his property;
  3. It is none of your business what your neighbour does!

An update.

The property sharing my battleaxe block is finally being listed on realestate.com.au.

The neighbour is still mowing my lawn, trimming my hedges and painting my window frames. When I thank him for his work, he still does not tell me that he is selling his house but tells me that he is just being a good neighbour.

So here he is publically and actively trying to sell his house but essentially denying this to my face.

Last edited:
Previous owners of our property didn't want to have a sales sign simply because they didn't want nosy neighbours to inspect their home. They only wanted serious buyers.

Now I like to ask if anyone wants to buy the property behind China's house? :D

Back