Section 32... agent says he doesn't know what it is

I just called a RE agent (in Nerang QLD) in regards to getting a Section 32 to look over (of a property I'm interested in).

Unfortunately, I don't really know what it is or who it is prepared by. Only thing I know about it is from reading about it here... this doc provides a lot of information on a property.

Can someone please enlighten me on the exact nature of the Section 32. Maybe, I should have asked this first before calling the RE. He claimed to not know or heard of any 'section32' documents. Isn't the S32 a standard doc that buyer's should be able to obtain? What else is it referred to as? I might have to call him to ask again!:D

Thanks in advance for any replies

Bennos

A Section 32 is used for property sales in Victoria - it details things like amount of rates, amount of water rates, amount of body corporate fees etc etc etc. Queensland doesn't have anything similar to a S.32. Your solicitor will do all the necessary searches as part of the conveyancing process.

Cheers
LynnH

Thanks Lynn and Alex... what an idiot! There goes trying to pull off sounding like I know what I'm talking about. I was hoping to not come across as a novice, that's out the window!!:D

Oh Well... at least I know that now. Is there a similar doc for QLD? Try to redeem myself haha!

In Queensland, if the property is a unit or townhouse then the vendor has to supply the agent with a statement from the body corporate. Not sure of the exact details, but it gives the body corporate fees and the amount in the sinking fund, plus others.
Marg

Back