See Change and Richard Feynman . let's hype the sydney market thread .

I've decided I like the the results from RE.Com better

They sent me an email

Today?s auction results for New South Wales

Number of auctions 557

Percentage of auctions cleared (sold)
Reported auctions
90.24%

Ok it's NSW , but I'm happy to go and pretend it's Sydney . Let's face it is there anywhere in NSW that's worth checking out , so it must be all sydney

:D

Cliff

Prices in sydney are still going crazy. Would have thought the stricter lending criteria to have some effect on the market .....maybe not enough time to flow in yet or maybe a lot of the sales are to owner occupiers ? Or are some people buying presuming they have finance.....may get a rude shock when finance is rejected.

Prices in sydney are still going crazy. Would have thought the stricter lending criteria to have some effect on the market .....maybe not enough time to flow in yet or maybe a lot of the sales are to owner occupiers ? Or are some people buying presuming they have finance.....may get a rude shock when finance is rejected.

The lending criteria hasn't changed all that much - no discounts on interest rates come on its lip service from the banks to apra.

I was wondering if the blacktown block has some proposed zoning?

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...town-119405367
no it's just R2. Directly across the road is R4. I live 50m from subject prop.

Newton is a busy road.
It is not a regular granny flat build at the back. Submit as dual occupancy, hence they can build bigger than 60m2.

I think the owner did a good job on the presentation which got this property sold at such good price.

Can anyone get stung post-auction by tightening of lending or have they all got approvals when they go to auction? Imagine putting 10% down and then losing your money by not getting a loan

Not even, here's one that sold on the weekend in Adelaide a similar distance out from the city: http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/sa/brompton/?adid=2011976397

I'm sure that other one is in some trendy area, but I wouldn't pay the extra $900k required to meet asking :D

Come on, you know I myself have been saying some of the prices recently (especially in sydney) are stupid but if you only value a fully renovated 2x2 carlton tce at 500k then I suspect you won't be buying anything for a looooong time if ever

no it's just R2. Directly across the road is R4. I live 50m from subject prop.

Newton is a busy road.
It is not a regular granny flat build at the back. Submit as dual occupancy, hence they can build bigger than 60m2.

I think the owner did a good job on the presentation which got this property sold at such good price.

Wow! R2 - may be the buyer has hope that zoning will change to R4?

Btw I am talking about 55 Patrick Street Btown.

Don't understand what you mean by being able to build >60sqm. From what I understand Btown council is very rigid.

Wow! R2 - may be the buyer has hope that zoning will change to R4?

Btw I am talking about 55 Patrick Street Btown.

Don't understand what you mean by being able to build >60sqm. From what I understand Btown council is very rigid.

Under sepp aka granny flat allowable is 60m2. If you need more than this, you can submit DA but car space and private open space applies. Though you cant strata title the end product under blacktown council

Come on, you know I myself have been saying some of the prices recently (especially in sydney) are stupid but if you only value a fully renovated 2x2 carlton tce at 500k then I suspect you won't be buying anything for a looooong time if ever

I'd be looking at small commerical properties before wasting $1.4M on a tiny home like that. But each to their own, if you think that it's low risk, would bring a nice yield & is good value or has good growth prospects then go for it. To me it looks way overpriced & like the sort of property that would be smashed in an economic downturn and will stick to bread & butter properties.

I'd be looking at small commerical properties before wasting $1.4M on a tiny home like that. But each to their own, if you think that it's low risk, would bring a nice yield & is good value or has good growth prospects then go for it. To me it looks way overpriced & like the sort of property that would be smashed in an economic downturn and will stick to bread & butter properties.

Huh? I'm not saying 1.4m is worth paying, I'm saying 500k is pretty light on. I'd buy the whole damn street if a renovated 2x2 terrace in carlton was only 500k

Back