See Change and Richard Feynman . let's hype the sydney market thread .

I see single storey houses in new suburbs around Rouse Hill selling for same/similar as double storeys which shows me times are changing..

It's not really that the times are changing it has been like that for a long time in new subdivisions because 3/4 of houses are double storey there ends up being more demand for good single stories as time goes on. Where I live a 25 square single storey home 5-10 years old will sell for the same as a 32 square double storey of the same age.

It's not really that the times are changing it has been like that for a long time in new subdivisions because 3/4 of houses are double storey there ends up being more demand for good single stories as time goes on. Where I live a 25 square single storey home 5-10 years old will sell for the same as a 32 square double storey of the same age.

Interesting. Sounds right. What suburb are you in?

I commented on this on my FB page.... set the record for this suburb but interestingly the guide was $1.65m+ and the reserve was $2,050,000......it sold for $430K over.

The old house sold for 480K in 2008.

This house probably cost about 1 mil to build. So that's about 1 mil tax free profit for the owner!

The build will cost way more than a mill. I have a mate who spent 800k to build. It's not even close to that level of luxury.

Even the lift alone will be ten of thousands to couple of hundred k

Well put it this way. We looked around for prices of lifts for our 2 storey medical centre and the cheapest was 120k for the smallest lift.

Well put it this way. We looked around for prices of lifts for our 2 storey medical centre and the cheapest was 120k for the smallest lift.

Hmmm...you could probably modify a forklift and use it as a elevator. It's a cheap alternative.

I remember in a warehouse where I once worked we 'd stand on a pallet and the fork lift would lift us up to a high level so we could grab some stock.

It's a great laugh as well, especially when you're 4m in the air and the forkie decides to take you for a ride around the factory floor lol

Back