Seeing how people have voted on a poll

On this thread, you can see how people have voted on the poll. Is this a new feature or is there an option to do this for all polls when posting?

That's an option - when you post a poll, you get the option: "Make votes public: Displays all users who voted, and what choice they voted for." (down the bottom when setting up the poll).

... and it displays the following on the poll itself for other users: "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."

By the way - I generally don't think this should be used, there is rarely a need to know who voted what.

It can be interesting in some situations - but when asking for personal information this option should not be used (if I find a poll like that I will delete it).

It can be interesting in some situations - but when asking for personal information this option should not be used (if I find a poll like that I will delete it).
Agree, I was thinking it may be for all polls and could see problems if they include net worth or something like that... Thanks for clarifying

Back