Seeking a good reasonable accountant in Canberra

Can anyone recommend an IP focused reasonable accountant in Canberra. I have 3 IPs and few shares. I keep all the records including share transactions and dividends which I hand them over to an accountant. I recently changed my accountant and was charged a hefty $2300. Is this reasonable fee? He says that he spent 26 hrs despite me giving him all the IP and shares records.

Thanks in advance.

Viphar

Do you just give your accountant the receipts and let him sort it out or do you use some sort of template to pre-compile the information?

I have been using a template format, that way the accountant is hard pressed claiming that they have spent hours on something when you know very well that they haven't.

This is an old link with loads of old templates
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26452

PM me if you want something more specific.

C

Callum
Thanks. I gave my accountant all the spredsheets for IPs and also all the shares transactions, dividends etc in spredsheets as well. I use the software Topshare which also calculates CGT. Even with all these my accountant says that he spent 26 hrs and has charged me hefty $2400. He works out the depreciation schedules.

Viphar

just under $100 p/h which seems to be the going rate, i sapose you could request him to in the future write down what is done in each of those hours similar to law firms (gf's friend works for one they gotta account for every 6 minutes)

Back