Seen any great movies lately

At the movies or just generally?

There's a few I've seen on Qantas flights recently that I thought were pretty good:

Blue Jasmine
What Maisie knew
The Impossible (earlier this year)

It's quite old now but I watched the Prestige for the first time the other day. One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Cheers

Jamie

Another oldy I have watched lately and really enjoyed was "Hurricane" with Denzel Washington. I got interested from the Bob Dylan song, that fact that it is a true story is very sad.

Also loved "the way way back" if you liked little miss sunshine, napolean dynamite etc this is worth a watch.

About Time

About Time

Really really liked it. One of the sub plots is the relationship between the main character and his father, moved me to tears. Sure, some holes in the plot line, but 4 out of 5 stars.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed About Time.

Saw The Prestige years ago, excellent movie.

Currently working through the old 1990's Babylon 5 space opera series. It's starting to get a little dated, but it still amazes me how they put plot elements into season 1 which don't become apparent until much later, some as late as the final episodes of the series 5 years later. They really thought this one through.

I also highly recommend 'Rush'. As someone whose knowledge of Formula One racing ends at "funny looking cars that go really fast around a race track", I found it really interesting and gave me a real appreciation for what the drivers go through, especially back in the 70's when safety was a low priority. Was a really enjoyable movie.

Saw Gravity in 2D on the weekend (dont like 3D). Loved it - kind of life affirming even. Must have been on a Sandra Bullock kick because we watched The Blind Side on the same day and it was a really nice story.

Last weekend I watched The Scapegoat, a Daphne du Maurier (Rebecca) novel recently made into a film. I did not know the storyline and I enjoyed the movie on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

This week I watched Angel's Share, a Scottish feel good movie. No spoilers will be given.

We also watched the new Gatsby which had the same story line as the 1970s version, but much more colour. I liked the clothes but probably preferred the older one. It was on TV recently or I would have forgotten it altogether. I was only 14 when I saw the old one, a lot of it went over my head, but I remember I liked the clothes!

Back