Seen any great movies lately

I'm on holidays at the Gold Coast with the wife and 3 daughters who are all shopaholics, so I've seen 3 movies lately.

The secret life of Walter Mitty.
Not bad. Worth watching with a great ending. Pretty cool if you are into skateboards, which I was when I was 14.

The latest Hobbit movie.
Saw this with daughter aged 14. While the special effects were amazing, like the first one, I didn't like it. I know it's a fantasy movie, but it still annoys me that a bunch of big footed midget dwarfs, half who look like they should be in a retirement home, can wipe out hundreds of massive mean musclebound orks with ease. At least make it a bit realistic! After a while the fight scenes just get boring as no good guys get killed and the bad guys get wiped out by the hundreds. Wouldn't watch it.

The Railway Man.
World war 2 story. What made this movie great was that it was based on a true story. I probably wouldn't watch it if you are Japanese but otherwise it was fine. Also had a good ending and made the barbaric Japs even look OK in the end.

A really great movie to me is one that I would happily watch again. I wouldn't bother watching any of them again.

Walter Mitty., 6 out of 10.
Hobbit movie, 2 out of 10.
Railway Man,, 7 out of 10.

See ya's

I saw 12 years as a slave the other night. Would give it 8/10. Not perfect as I felt the story didn't flow too well (I know it's based on a true story, but they only gave dates at the beginning, so it would have been nice to know how long he was at each place).

Very violent though! And sad. Lots of girls/women with mascara running down their faces when leaving the theatre. Don't think I could watch it again though, too hard to handle the fact that people were treated so poorly simply due to the colour of the skin they were born with. It's just horrid! (the fact, not the movie)

"20 feet from stardom."
If you like singing and voices then this is amazing. I still get goosebumps thinking of some of the performances.

"The act of killing"
One of the most intense and disturbing films I've ever seen. A true and horrific look at one of our closest neighbours. There is no actual violence or gore but?

Don't say I didn't warn you!

I'm not a movie watcher by any means, but last night we watched The Intouchables (with English subtitles - I wish my French was that good!!). Brilliant movie.

We enjoyed The Great Beauty recently. Very art house, with a very long opening scene that could easily have been shortened and still get the message across, but a beautiful looking movie that drew us in.

I'm not a movie watcher by any means, but last night we watched The Intouchables (with English subtitles - I wish my French was that good!!). Brilliant movie.

Yes, it was great, based on true story.
Interesting that he remarried and I think lives in Monaco today.

Back